Page 1 of 2
I love the beatles any one agree. I think there among the most talented musicians in the world. I personaly love every beatles cd ever made.
Hey
Congratulations. You are officially the 3rd billionth member of the club.
Les Paul Player!
the beatles made lps and 45s,not cds
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
Did you just discover them yesterday or something?

...and yes they are the greatest.
Quote by mmonster
the beatles made lps and 45s,not cds

well i only have cds now sorry i dont live in the dark ages and i also believe mr mcartney had a big roll making the compilation cd 1 by the beatles. i dont think came on anyhting other than a cd correct me if im wrong.
Hey
Last edited by jrthegreat91 at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by SR20DETT

It's funny because as sarcastic as that sounds, you're probably right.
Quote by jrthegreat91
well i only have cds now sorry i dont live in the dark ages and i also believe mr mcartney had a big roll making the compilation cd 1 by the beatles. i dont think came on anyhting other than a cd correct me if im wrong.

I personally have a pet peeve of albums and compilations being included in the same sentence . . . and if Sir Paul McCartney brought out a Beatles compilation that is not an LP/CD/45/ANYTHING that The Beatles made.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Indeed one of/if not the greatest bands of all time.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Last edited by fronkpies at Jun 5, 2006,
i personally only like the beatles later days, after they put out the sgt. pepper album. it was during those times that they really influenced music in my opinion.
The Allman Brothers Band > Masturbation FanClub - PM me to join.

member of The Yes Club - PM Me or distilledspirit to join.

Grateful Dead Club - PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Ten Years After Club - PM Me or VR05 to join.
Quote by -AliceCooper
there best is the white album... (imo)

I think Abbey Road is their best. White Album is a great album though.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
My favorite band of all time. Their talent and their influence on future music are just infinite. My favorite albums are the White Album, Revolver, and Abbey Road.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
i think seargent peppers there best album. What do you guys think is better rubber soul or revolver? i want to know which one to get next.
Revolver is 1000 times better than Rubber Soul I think.... But Abbey Road is the best, maybe even the best album of all time.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by SR20DETT

Actually I think he'd be like member #14 or something if he joined.

But I agree. Duh.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
now then. Find me a person who sincerely dislikes the Beatles.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Quote by pavan

There's one in my socials class. I was quite suprised when we were talking about that stupid T.V. thing where the tried to contact John Lennon and she asked who John Lennon was.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Im afraid to say i know a girl who actually dislikes the beatles, of course she has no taste in music so i dont think it counts.

There is nothing to dislike about them.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by ufossuck
There's one in my socials class. I was quite suprised when we were talking about that stupid T.V. thing where the tried to contact John Lennon and she asked who John Lennon was.

That's just plain ignorance to life in general.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by ridcullylives
Actually I think he'd be like member #14 or something if he joined.

But I agree. Duh.

I want to join but I can't PM for some reason. It just says that you've reached your max amount of stored PMs...

And yes, the Beatles are the best.
Last edited by g4cytheclown at Jun 5, 2006,
Quote by pavan

Kirk Hammet
Quote by jrthegreat91
I think there among the most talented musicians in the world.

I don't agree with that at all. To put it frankly, Ringo sucked at drums and George Harrison wasn't the greatest guitarist of all time. However, he produced some of the most influential riffs of the 60s and, imo, wrote some of the best chord progressions of that era. Where the Beatles' talent lies is in their song writting ability. They are one of my favourite bands though.
I think a lot of people who don't like the Beatles don't like them simply for how popular they are. It kind of make you stand out when everybody around you is talking about things they like about the Beatles, and you say "I don't really care for them."
In fact I am listening through Revolver right now.

The Beatles are the single greatest band ever.

As Henry Rollins said about Kiss, "Everybody knows a kiss song, fan, un-fan, everybody"

that isn't true, but everybody knows a Beatle song. EVERYBODY There song writing is bar-none the best of the past 50 or so years of rock and roll.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Last edited by guitar_freak333 at Jun 6, 2006,
Well, I've already made a statement and I completely stand by it (The Beatles are the greatest ). But with all the talk about people hating them. Well one day, I was at work and I threw in a CD in the stereo in the back. It so happened to be Paul McCartney Back in the U.S. and me and few people are having fun just singing along to help pass the time. And then when I get back to the front, one of the newer employees asks me: "What is that music back there?" to which I replied: "Well, the song is a Beatle's song (Mother Natures Son)...but this is Paul McCartney, he was a member of the Beatles...but they broke up back in 1970..he still plays it though because he wrote it."
She then said:

"This sucks! That kind of music is for fags!"

I cannot believe the ignorance in alot of people.

And I do understand the meaning of an opinion. But seriously, to just state something like "That music is for fags!" with no basis, and as if their opinion is the factual truth. It just gets my blood boiling.
Pwned... Actually I'm kind of tired of the Beatles. Never liked them that much.
Not because they are so popular though, but because I think they're boring...
The beatles are great. Favourite album: The White Album.

My favorite is probably Sgt. Pepeprs, Revolver, or Rubber Soul. Hell, all beatles albums are greats.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
I've never really seen any particilar musical genius in them. I admit they're very talented but they've never been life-changing to me. I don't know, maybe I just havn't paid enough attention to them.
Quote by fadingboy
I've never really seen any particilar musical genius in them. I admit they're very talented but they've never been life-changing to me. I don't know, maybe I just havn't paid enough attention to them.

obviously
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
Quote by fadingboy

You've got to be kidding... or perhaps you are comparing them to today's artists. Not a fair comparison at all. On the other hand, the fact that you are comparing today's artists to a band that broke up more than 30 years ago, and changed the world with their music more than 40 years ago, IS MOST DEFINITELY a testament to their talent! So I guess you gave them a back-handed compliment. They have influenced countless singers-songwriters today, many of whom I am sure you admire. Maybe you ought to give them a serious listen, in the context of their own time (which, quite frankly, might be unnecessary since their music is timeless and is still being recorded to this day, ie Maroon 5, Fiona Apple, and many, many, many, many others, in case I didn't mention the 'right/cool ones' for you).
^so true. the beatles aren't the biggest selling artist of all time for no reason. when an artist nowadays has a major hit song, they can tour and sell records off the strength of that once song. on the other hand, the beatles had an unsurpassed amount of hit songs, with everything they released going straight to no. 1.

although no one HAS to like the beatles, i think its fair that people recognise that without them modern music would be much much different.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Quote by blackbird65
You've got to be kidding... or perhaps you are comparing them to today's artists. Not a fair comparison at all. On the other hand, the fact that you are comparing today's artists to a band that broke up more than 30 years ago, and changed the world with their music more than 40 years ago, IS MOST DEFINITELY a testament to their talent! So I guess you gave them a back-handed compliment. They have influenced countless singers-songwriters today, many of whom I am sure you admire. Maybe you ought to give them a serious listen, in the context of their own time (which, quite frankly, might be unnecessary since their music is timeless and is still being recorded to this day, ie Maroon 5, Fiona Apple, and many, many, many, many others, in case I didn't mention the 'right/cool ones' for you).

I don't listen to modern music much, thus why I am mostly in the classic rock forum.
I, as well, listen mostly to Classic rock, especially the Beatles. They are probably not my absolute favourite band though. I don't think it's possible to have 1 favourite band...
O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.

Bell Ringer of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join
IMO more Americans will not know who the Beatles are because they are too young to remember them, and won't have heard of them because they are so far away. Everybody in the UK has heard of them because that's where they are from (Liverpool, England for those who don't know and should not be in this forum)
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
Page 1 of 2