My band was thinking about doing a couple of songs off of St. Anger and we weren't really sure. I looked up some of the tabs and learned Dirty Window today but the tuning it says is wrong.. Well at least I think. Can someone tell me what the tunings are and maybe tell me which ones are the best to play live for a crowd of about 500-700 people? Thanks a bunch. Also it's a bunch of metal heads so we have to play the fastest stuff.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Quote by Guitar_Master92
My band was thinking about doing a couple of songs off of St. Anger and we weren't really sure. I looked up some of the tabs and learned Dirty Window today but the tuning it says is wrong.. Well at least I think. Can someone tell me what the tunings are and maybe tell me which ones are the best to play live for a crowd of about 500-700 people? Thanks a bunch. Also it's a bunch of metal heads so we have to play the fastest stuff.

i think its c# standard. everything down 3 steps. could be wrong. and you should play old metallica not st anger. way better...

as in i think the whole album is in c# standard
play old stuff... nothing past the black album
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

we have half the set already old metallica.

We are playing:

1. Seek And Destroy.
2. Master Of Puppets
3. Nothing Else Matters
4. Ride The Lightning
5. Dirty Window

Fill in the gaps for me and I will decide
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
tuning for st. anger? hmmm i think rubber bands strung on a tissue box comes close
"but i don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "we're all mad here."
~lewis carroll
Quote by darkeale
get dyers eve and trapped under ice in there. does it all have to be metallica?

It can be anything
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Some tips for a metallica show:
1. NO ST. ANGER
2. Open with Master of Puppets. It's usually a good idea to play the most popular song first.
3. Fade to Black. People love it.
4. Play Metal Militia. Starts a crazy thrash pit.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
1. NO ST. ANGER
2. Open with Master of Puppets. It's usually a good idea to play the most popular song first.
we happen to like St. Anger. We know a lot of people hate it but there are people that requested some st anger songs so we are going to do at least 2 of them. we will opening with MoP probably anyways.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Quote by MetalMilitia212
1. NO ST. ANGER

im with this dude
Creeping Death!!!!! + bass&drums breakdown where you go "I know we got some singin' people here tonight so SING! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" and then you go like swooooooooch *pickslide* and "uuuugh DIE, BY MY HAND!" etc etc

You could also do W.A.S.P.-s "Hellion"
Quote by The Axeman
Creeping Death!!!!! + bass&drums breakdown where you go "I know we got some singin' people here tonight so SING! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" and then you go like swooooooooch *pickslide* and "uuuugh DIE, BY MY HAND!" etc etc

You could also do W.A.S.P.-s "Hellion"

someones done this before
Well, the St. Anger album is in Drop C, I believe. So, I suggest you play the songs in standard, and just go to drop D for the songs off of St Anger.
St. anger is in drop b. I have a guitarworld with it tabbed out.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Quote by darkeale
i see. and i was gonna give you credit. you shouldve kept quiet

hehehe

But the truth is that this breakdown is "teh rox"

Edit: Also let your bassist sing the last chorus, hahhaha
Last edited by The Axeman at Jun 4, 2006,
Play Domination by Pantera. That breakdown means mass amounts of moshing. Or play Tornado of Souls and/or Rust in Peace from the Rust in Peace album by Megadeth. Then again, I have a feeling you wouldnt be playing so much Metallica if you could play Tornado of Souls.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Play Domination by Pantera. That breakdown means mass amounts of moshing. Or play Tornado of Souls and/or Rust in Peace from the Rust in Peace album by Megadeth. Then again, I have a feeling you wouldnt be playing so much Metallica if you could play Tornado of Souls.
YES!!! domination owns. or 5 minutes alone. or better still suicide note. do both parts so you get the full effect. or holy wars by megadeth. that would be awesome
Screw 5 Minutes Alone. While it does own hard, Id much rather hear Im Broken or Primal Concrete Sledge!!
id say this if your going for thrash stuff

1. Caught in a mosh - Anthrax great opener
2. Creeping Death
3. Peace Sells - Megadeth
4. Fade To Black
5. For Whom The Bell TOlls
6. Reign of Blood - Slayer
7. Run for the Hills - Maiden
8. Seek and Destroy
9. Nothing Else Matter
10. Enter Sandman
11. Master of Puppets