and it's killing me. Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but it's quite confusing to try and learn the treble clef after playing in the bass clef for 5 years (cello, to be exact). I just wanted to ask if there are any tips for learning the notes. I have no trouble with rhythm, the notes are just bugging me. Also, are there any good places online you guys know that teach standard notation? Thanks for any help.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
The lines in the treble clef from bottom to top are :

Every Good Boy Deserves Football

The spaces are from bottom to top:

FACE

For bass clef - bottom to top lines are :

Great Big Dogs From Africa

For the spaces bottom to top :

All Cows Eat Grass
^ Thanks, but I was already familiar with that.

And I only need to learn teh notes for treble clef, I already know them for bass clef. Which is probably why this is so hard to learn.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
and it's killing me. Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but it's quite confusing to try and learn the treble clef after playing in the bass clef for 5 years (cello, to be exact). I just wanted to ask if there are any tips for learning the notes. I have no trouble with rhythm, the notes are just bugging me. Also, are there any good places online you guys know that teach standard notation? Thanks for any help.

Changing clefs is easier than anyone wants to think. To move from bass clef to treble clef, just move everything up one line.

For example, B on a bass staff is the second line; it's the the third on a treble clef.
C is the space just below the middle line on a bass staff, it's the space just above it on the treble staff.

It's a whole lot easier once you realize the system is symmetrical, moving outward from middle C, in both directions; rather than trying to think of it as two different systems.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Oh. My. God. Corwinoid=genius as of today. I wouldve NEVER noticed that. Wow.