A friend of mine gave me the full version of Fruity Loops, and I'm pretty lost on it. What I want to do is create chords with a synth orchestral sound. I've got the SampleFusion pack, which has the orchestral strings and all, but I don't know how to make chords.

I get to the piano roll window but thats where I get lost, I don't think its laid out like a piano. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
well, when the paino roll is open, the paino keys are at your far left. then each of the little squares that comes off of it is a beat subdivision. so its like the same as those little buttons not in the piano roll. every time you click in that space, it adds a note. you can drag the right end of the note (green bar) to lengthen or shorten it. if you have multiple notes stacked, it makes a chord. ill edit this in about 5 minutes with a picture for you.

EDIT: here is a picture that might help you out:

i use fruity loops quite a bit, so if you need help just ask and ill be happy to do what i can to help you out.
Last edited by jof1029 at Jun 4, 2006,
also if you hooked up a midid keyboard you could possibly do that for a small investment
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
^ any time, if there is anything else you need help with, feel free to ask. im sure either myself or someone else will be able to help you.