Hey, so my band is playing our first REAL gig, for people that arnt friends of the bands or parents or whatever. We have all our 12 songs down. And i was just wondering what makes a good band stage presence wise, and talking inbetween songs and the such.
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

not sure bout things to say. make sure the singer does speak tho. it does help. just dont have everyone standing still. doesnt look good and doesnt help the crowd get into it. and dont worry bout messing up. just keep playing, be confident and have a good time.
yeah, were all pretty funny laid back guys so i think it will prolly go good, and what the hell most peoples first gigs suck
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Get into it, get lost in your music and you'll do a great job. Don't just stand there like robots and play.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
You have to connect with the audience, But that statement is very general. Whether it be telling a joke here or there(not too many, or its stand up comedy) And i dont know if you are or not... but play at least 50% covers to an audience that doesnt know your music, or they will get bored.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
hmmmm i could tell a really racist jew joke, theyd prolly get a kick out of that
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by Gibson06
You have to connect with the audience, But that statement is very general. Whether it be telling a joke here or there(not too many, or its stand up comedy) And i dont know if you are or not... but play at least 50% covers to an audience that doesnt know your music, or they will get bored.

Go Yankees.

On topic, just act natural. Have fun and play just like you're practicing with your band. Getting stressed over it will just make it a bad experience.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Remember that they can not only hear you, but SEE you too. You're not musicians - you're performers so you need to put on a show.
have your singer entrtain the audiance, and get them fired up/excited, ect.

just dont stand still, move around some, but not crazy where you totally mess up, nodd yor heas the song melody, on certain parts of the song raise your pick into the air, and act like your having a good time, make it seem like you are having fun, even if you arent, if you are having fun, then let is show, the more energy you put into the show, the better time your audiance and you will have, they feed of your energy, so relax and have fun, you get out of what you put in it

just remember to have fun