so i just built a volume box for my fender hot rod deville.....it will work with any fender hot rod model.........the purpose of this is like an attenuator, works just the same and now i get a cranked tube amp tone.....

you need:

a small enclouser
100K pot
2 1/4 inch jacks
some wires

its very easy to build and im gonna post pictures

you can use the pictures to build it or i can post everything that i did and a diagram.........
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Well, it's not a true attenuator. It's just a master volume. An attenuator actually lets the powertubes distort because it goes between the amp and the speaker. Your setup only lets the preamp tubes overdrive.This will work for any amp that has an FX loop.

I'd try upping that 100k pot up to maybe 1meg, that 100k pot should be causing quite a bit of treble loss...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ yea i havent really played it a whole lot yet but its causing a lot of hum..........ill try to get a new pot...........

EDIT: i couldnt put this between the speakers and the amp and have it work the same could i?.......beucase it actually sounds like the powertubes are distorting, im getting decent breakup but i cant tell....
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Jun 4, 2006,