Can I put a Floyd on a strat with out routing it. I know I would have to route if i want it to be able to go both ways but if i just leave it so it can only go up I wouldnt have to route it would I? thanks
What would be the point of putting a Floyd Rose on it, only to be able drop one way?
No. It's bigger than the floating trem.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
tuneabilty. the vintage trem have pretty crappy tunabilty and I would need to go the other way really.
Maybe drop the trem against the body. That should help a little.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
no you need to route the body, my guitar has a big routing and I paid alot extra to be able to own with the OFR
yeah but wont it fit over the wood so it cant go into the body only above? (on a fender Strat)
yes you can, its possible but also requires a neck shim. also remember that many vintage strat trems are 6 screws where as floyd roses use 2 studs so your going to filling up holes and drilling new ones
cant i just leave the 6 holes and put the 2 flyod screws in 2 already there?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
why are you going thru so much trouble, get a 50 dollar set of schaller locking tuners.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Just get locking tuners, so much easier.

they work great.
because you can't do all the fun floyd rose things..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

For a Floyd rose if i wanna put on the locking nut on a strat do I have to drill holes through the neck?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
^obviously.

Putting a FR on a strat makes me feel uneasy. It just doesn't feel right. And there are so many company's with FR equipped guitars. It will never stand up to the beating the FR dishes out.
Quote by mikeman
^obviously.

Putting a FR on a strat makes me feel uneasy. It just doesn't feel right. And there are so many company's with FR equipped guitars. It will never stand up to the beating the FR dishes out.

was that answering my question?
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Quote by Devon8822
cant i just leave the 6 holes and put the 2 flyod screws in 2 already there?

not really, the stud sizes are larger than the 6 screws so it wouldnt be exactly possible
couldnt you drill them bigger?
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Quote by Devon8822
couldnt you drill them bigger?

you could but you would most likely weaken the wood holes left in from the 6 screws meaning it wouldnt be that stable