Page 1 of 4
Okay, for everyone who likes Social D this is the thread to post on.
I have listend to this band for years and they are my favorite punk band.

Not much else to say so yeah!
they are good
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Good timing with this thread. I was gonna post a thread asking a question about Social Distortion.

OK so for those of you who have seen Another State of Mind, in one scene Telling Them is playing in the background (not like a live performance, just playing in the bacakground) and it's not the version on Mommy's Little Monster. Does anyone know what version it is or where I could find it?
The RipOuts snotty punk rock

Got my leather jacket on and my mind is gone

Baby drop that needle, we can dance all night.
they were one of the bands that helped my musical tastes move from rock to punk, so I like them for that.
Goddamn i love this band. Mike ness has gotta be one of the worst guitarists ever solowise... but who cares. I love em. But is anyone elsed pissed off that they tour the states for 3 bloody years in a row and don't come anywhere else?
Quote by sral76
Goddamn i love this band. Mike ness has gotta be one of the worst guitarists ever solowise... but who cares. I love em. But is anyone elsed pissed off that they tour the states for 3 bloody years in a row and don't come anywhere else?

That's my biggest problem with Social D, is Mike Ness over-indulging on almost every song I've ever heard. He'll play one note over and over, and most of his solos sound the same. Plus, he really likes the sound of his own voice.
I like them a lot.
I have their self titled album and Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll.

Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Great band. Kinda in their own league though.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I like them alot, the lead singers voice is alot like my own. Very deep and raspy.
I always get a little freaked out in Another State of Mind when Mike Ness explains why he puts eyeliner on....

"It makes me more sympathetic"
Quote by opivy21
Plus, he really likes the sound of his own voice.
Is that a bad thing?
i like them, good live, and even more fun if the crowd wants to get stuff going, ive seen vids where people dont move at all, looks boring. but they played Green Bay, people were being kicked out left and right it was great
I use to like this band a lot. They would get played on the radio a lot. I use to listen to them a lot, but now I puke everytime I hear them.
Quote by yawn
Is that a bad thing?

It's all personal preference, I guess. If you want to hear Mike Ness sing 5 minute songs with about 10 choruses, then I have no problem.
Social D is awesome live, they have so much energy, even if the crowd doesn't. Mike's guitar playing definitely has his sound, but I love it. He's a bad ass
Social Distortion is a truelly kick ass band. They have basically stayed the same since the begining which I really like and respect them for it. Mike Ness has a kick ass voice and would be labled as a True Bad Ass
Quote by opivy21
It's all personal preference, I guess. If you want to hear Mike Ness sing 5 minute songs with about 10 choruses, then I have no problem.

I think the 10 chorus thing just proves that he's a great song writer.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
I think the 10 chorus thing just proves that he's a great song writer.

I was just exggerating that he sings the same thing multiple times in the song. Like in Ball and Chain, he sing the same chorus a lot of times, and it gets repetitive to me, but if you like it, then I have no problem.
Yeah they have a tendency to play the chorus too much in one song. But thats one of the few things I can really dislike about SocialD.
Quote by opivy21
I was just exggerating that he sings the same thing multiple times in the song. Like in Ball and Chain, he sing the same chorus a lot of times, and it gets repetitive to me, but if you like it, then I have no problem.

Yeah, I admit he does do that alot.
Theyre an amazing band. People often forget that theyre almost as old as the Sex Pistols and Ramones, they started in the 70s and are still constantly putting out new stuff and touring. Theyre so different than every other punk band out there, thats why i love em. Theres 1000000 pennywise's and leftover cracks out there, but theres nothing eles like social distortion.
Quote by the glue man
It's funny how Mike Ness has had problems on which clique to fit in. Punks, skins... goths?

i think its pretty obvious its punks.
Quote by misfitsrule966
Theyre an amazing band. People often forget that theyre almost as old as the Sex Pistols and Ramones, they started in the 70s and are still constantly putting out new stuff and touring. Theyre so different than every other punk band out there, thats why i love em. Theres 1000000 pennywise's and leftover cracks out there, but theres nothing eles like social distortion.

Well put...
Quote by misfitsrule966
i think its pretty obvious its punks.

If you've seen his fasion in the early 90s, it was rockabilly.
Page 1 of 4