What does the power of a pickup mean?

I know that an Evolution is more powerful than a Tonezone, but what does that mean? Does it mean that the Evolution would be able to pick up better pinch harmonics etc?

What exactly does a pickups power mean when it comes to sound?
Taking the Evolution and |Tonezone in comparison:

Does that mean the Evolution sounds better distorted? And so it has nothing to do with the strength of signal it picks up?
^ i wouldn't say better, that's all taste.

a higher output pickup, all things being equal, will distort an amp quicker (i.e. with less gain dialled into the amp) than a lower powered pickup.

Eg a low ouput pickup may need the gain on 7 to achieve the same distortion as a high output pickup with the gain on, say, 5.

also, higher output pickups tend to sound "meaner"- lower output pickups, even with the gain higher, still sound kind of "vintage".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?