Page 3 of 110
Quote by Schecter83
what i dont get is why mastodon is considered metal but not lamb of god
anywaysssssssssssss yah mastodon is ok

Because Lamb Of God sucks about 40 different kinds of ass.
Quote by SGRocker0791
I'd rather listen to Mastodon then Sunn O))).

{insert concurrent statement}
Quote by <><
I haven't heard it yet; how's it compare to Leviathan?

More Sludgier (if that makes sense), but less Proggy then Leviathan. \m/
Quote by SGRocker0791
More Sludgier (if that makes sense), but less Proggy then Leviathan. \m/
Hmm...yeah I liked the progginess of Leviathan...but I'll keep their new one in mind for a 'down-the-road' purchase.
Quote by TWISTEDFender
Because Lamb Of God sucks about 40 different kinds of ass.

you sir...can shut the hell up right now
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
Quote by cherginator
you sir...can shut the hell up right now
Actually, YOU can. You are a disgrace to both your avatar and to our mutual country.
Quote by <><
Actually, YOU can. You are a disgrace to both your avatar and to our mutual country.

I disgrace Nevermore by listening to a band that sounds different, you win the f*cking idiot award, oh and seeing as I disgrace our country, I also disgrace our province I guess , hell I might even disgrace our town, where you live?
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
Quote by cherginator
I disgrace Nevermore by listening to a band that sounds different, you win the f*cking idiot award, oh and seeing as I disgrace our country, I also disgrace our province I guess , hell I might even disgrace our town, where you live?
I live in a place where Lamb of God is not metal.

= Anytown, USA.
Quote by Spynal
Honestly? I'd rather listen to Slipknot.

lol
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Lethargy > Mastordon by a large chasm of originality, and technical ability. Brann and Bill from Mastordon were in Lethargy, who was a far superior band. I have no idea how these two men could descend so far into medocrity, but that is the lot of life. Every time a Mastodon thread pops up I feel it is my duty to inform all of Lethargy for they remain over looked.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Do you suppose someone with Remission could upload it somewhere? I can't find it anywhere and I'm dying to hear it...
Well, aanyone who's saw my thread about "Crystal Skull" knows I like Msstodon.

But I had never heard of them until I subscribed to Guitar World and Blood and Thunder was a tab in the Physical Graffiti issue last year. Then this past April issue or so (the one with David Gilmour on it) Seabeast was a tab and thye had the video on the disc. And I fell in love.

I honestly think that with them being on the Unholy Alliance Tour, and almost immeadietly releasing an album afterwards, that they can become the next Metallica esque band, one that has made themselves have a great band and a fresh sound, and hit worldwide status.

I'd love to see that happen to some good ol' Georgia boys like me. They must be awesome to hang out with too.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by mrmoo182
Do you suppose someone with Remission could upload it somewhere? I can't find it anywhere and I'm dying to hear it...

UG doesn't support illegal file-sharing, so no.
Anyone have their DVD? Is it any good? I can pick it up for about 12 bucks, its supposed to be quite good, I just might have to.
I like Mastodon alot. I was going to see them with Lamb of God and Thine Eyes Bleed, but I got there late and only caught their last two songs before their set ended. But I gotta say, they sounded perfect, exactly like the album versions, but with more energy. Anyone have any info on when Blood Mountain is supposed to come out? I know its def. during the summer, but thats it.
Quote by element22ag
I like Mastodon alot. I was going to see them with Lamb of God and Thine Eyes Bleed, but I got there late and only caught their last two songs before their set ended. But I gotta say, they sounded perfect, exactly like the album versions, but with more energy. Anyone have any info on when Blood Mountain is supposed to come out? I know its def. during the summer, but thats it.

Quote by element22ag
Bah nevermind, it comes out September 12th.

Can't wait till then!
Don't double-post.
I would really enjoy seeing them live.

That would be an awesome show.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by somepunkkid
seriously. 80% your posts are annoying
What, you expected more? From a guy named '<><' with a Kirby avatar?

Seriously, what kind of parents would name their kid '<><' anyway?
Hmm...so THAT's why they always sign the bottom of my birthday card with those little circles and x's!

Mastodon are okay. I can listen to them, but I don't like them enough to go out and buy an album.
Quote by Scourge441
Mastodon are okay. I can listen to them, but I don't like them enough to go out and buy an album.
See, the thing is, there's a reason that that 'progressive sludge' genre by which they're known includes the 'progressive'.

You haven't really listened to Mastodon until you've listened to Leviathan the whole way through, whilst reading Moby Dick.
crappy band.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Mastodon on album i dont think are that great, but they're more definately a live band, they have good energy.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

March of the Fire Ants is a good song. Very heavy, and it's tuned to A. Other than that, I like the song Megalodon. But I can't really seem get into their other songs. Maybe it's because I don't really like the drunken sailor vocals.
Last edited by -Alek- at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by SGRocker0791
Sorry dude, you missed the COF thread by a long shot.

haha whatev.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist