Page 5 of 110
Hey Does anyone know what amps the use i know guitars and pick ups i was just curious as to what amps Brent and Bill use
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I think its funny that they called Dream Theater gay because while they are incredibly talented musicians, they do seem a bit wrapped up in showing everyone how good they are. I dont think that John Myung looks like a chinese girl.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by liesofautumn
I think its funny that they called Dream Theater gay because while they are incredibly talented musicians, they do seem a bit wrapped up in showing everyone how good they are. I dont think that John Myung looks like a chinese girl.

They insulted Dream Theater....?

Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
That interview was fuckin ace! I'm almost tempted to give them another chance just for going out on that limb.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
The opening to Aqua Dementia is pretty awesome.

These guys are pretty cool I like them a good bit.
Quote by liesofautumn

What did they say about them? There is nothing you can diss them about besides the singer which is only bad sometimes live.
Quote by Spynal
That interview was fuckin ace! I'm almost tempted to give them another chance just for going out on that limb.

Yea.........almost.
Quote by Jakeylee111

They insulted Dream Theater....?

It's all personal opinion. Sure, I didn't like it TOO much, but the music is solid and that's all that REALLY matters, right?

I loved the interview though. You don't know how bad I want that Mastortion now. It sounds SOOOO sweet. I also find it funny how open Brent is about his drug use. He sounds like oen of those hilarious guys you just wanna hang out with.

And anyone that hasn't, check out their Myspace blog and watch those two videos. They are great, adn funny.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Sorry, for the double post, but it's been 4 days since, and edits don't bump.

Anyone got Blood Mountain yet?

Man, that album is SOOOO awesome. I swear it's the loudest album I have. My CD player goes to 30, and while I'm on the bus, I usually have it all the way up to hear, today I though it was all the way up. It was on 20...... I turn it on 30 and it was just awesome.

All the songs are just so great though. I don't know how they do it. All of these crazy riffs with weird scales, I don't see how they do it.

It's great too, cause on the DVD it comes with, Brent references my hometown's big classic rock station, 96Rock. I was like "WOAH!!! He referenced 96! SWEET!" Cause for some reason, when a celebrity makes a point about your hometown, it's just awesome.........

Right?

Saxo-Walrus

I just got Blood Mountain yesterday and I must say I dont know how they do it. A song like "Sleeping Giant" or "Colony of Birchmen" is totally different from anything theyve done before. The whole CD is a departure from the material on Leviathan and Remission. Id have to say Sleeping Giant is my favorite so far.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Does anybody besides me see the connection between Brent of Masstodon and Towlie from South Park? It seems they both need to 'get a lil' high' before they come up with ideas.
Quote by liesofautumn
I just got Blood Mountain yesterday and I must say I dont know how they do it. A song like "Sleeping Giant" or "Colony of Birchmen" is totally different from anything theyve done before. The whole CD is a departure from the material on Leviathan and Remission. Id have to say Sleeping Giant is my favorite so far.

I see it as a massive progression from Leviathan and has it's traits. They're both concept albums, and have great myth features.

But yes, "Sleeping Giant" is AWESOME, but I don't know why, "Crystal Skull" is my favorite. It's just so in your face and has a great solo. I just really like how much more Prog it is. It's just insane.

Saxo-Walrus

Holy ****, definatly digging the newer stuff. I always thought Mastodon were an alright band but I always ended up buying a different cd when I went to the store. I'm definatly gonna pick this up though, very thrashy and still got a Mastodon feel. Not to mention sick drumming.

For real though, <>< and Tony, you guys have to except that some people don't like Mastodon. You have flamed everyone that says something bad about them, get over it.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by fallenangel20
You don't know how bad I want that Mastortion now. It sounds SOOOO sweet.

Could someone explain what "Mastortion" is?

For anyone who has the album: have they started soloing more?
Member #1 of the UG Gentlemen's Club. PM bodyheatseeker to join.
Holy ****, definatly digging the newer stuff. I always thought Mastodon were an alright band but I always ended up buying a different cd when I went to the store. I'm definatly gonna pick this up though, very thrashy and still got a Mastodon feel. Not to mention sick drumming.

For real though, <>< and Tony, you guys have to accept that some people don't like Mastodon. You have flamed everyone that says something bad about them, get over it.

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by Sideshow Raheem
Could someone explain what "Mastortion" is?

For anyone who has the album: have they started soloing more?

Oh, well in the article Brent described how he asked one of his friends to make him a pedal that could blow up his head (amp head).

His friend came back with this pedal, and he named it the "Mastortion". Brent has blew up 3 heads though. 2 live and 1 in the studio on "Colony of Birchmen".

He has no idea what's in it, but he HAS to tape his volume and gain in place on his amp cause if it moves ever slightly to the right it'll blow his head up.

It's SOOOO crazy, and I want it.

Saxo-Walrus

^Whoa........BADASSSS DUDE

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by fallenangel20
Oh, well in the article Brent described how he asked one of his friends to make him a pedal that could blow up his head (amp head).

His friend came back with this pedal, and he named it the "Mastortion". Brent has blew up 3 heads though. 2 live and 1 in the studio on "Colony of Birchmen".

He has no idea what's in it, but he HAS to tape his volume and gain in place on his amp cause if it moves ever slightly to the right it'll blow his head up.

It's SOOOO crazy, and I want it.

I read about that! Thats insane! Does anyone know if it's being sold or anything, or plans on it?
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
littereally laughed out loud when I read the DT/Chinese girl comment in the interview

have to agree, right now I LOVE sleeping giant, favorite songs are the first 3
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by Mr. President
Does anybody besides me see the connection between Brent of Masstodon and Towlie from South Park? It seems they both need to 'get a lil' high' before they come up with ideas.

"Wait...every time I get high my riffs end up sounding amazingly heavy..."
"That's why you only need to get a little high...."

Got my copy in the post yesterday, if I had to single out songs I'd have to say Sleeping Giant and Colony of Birchmen in particular are awesome, but the whole thing is just so damn good....
Quote by AcidBath443
For real though, <>< and Tony, you guys have to accept that some people don't like Mastodon. You have flamed everyone that says something bad about them, get over it.

Yeah, there's this thing called 'messing around.'

I accept people's opinion. I don't mind.
Last edited by SGRocker0791 at Sep 14, 2006,
Mastodon is quickly catching up to Opeth in my list of favorite Prog bands.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I bought the album 3 days ago, yet I've hardly had the time to listen to it
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Sleeping Giant is a ****ing sweet track. Great album. better than i expected.
Colony of Birchmen is damn good too.

I wish i could see them live.

Edit: does anyone else think that "bladecatcher" is really annoying?
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Last edited by lateraluspiral at Sep 14, 2006,
So does anyone know what exactly the silence is about on the end of Pendulous Skin? I started listening to it expecting a 20 minute prog masterpiece but then it stopped.

Quote by cubedeathk
So does anyone know what exactly the silence is about on the end of Pendulous Skin? I started listening to it expecting a 20 minute prog masterpiece but then it stopped.

There's a hidden track?
Quote by Mr. President
There's a hidden track?

From the leaked verison: yes.
The real CD: Dunno.
Quote by cubedeathk

Around 21:00 into it, there is the voice of one of the members reading a letter this guy Josh sent them. I don't wanna spoil it for ya, but it's pretty funny if you know about how the album leaked and all.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Slaughtered
I read about that! Thats insane! Does anyone know if it's being sold or anything, or plans on it?

I don't know, maybe. Maybe if there's enough chaos about it with people asking about it Boss may make one, or maybe Dunlop or Digitech.

But I think it's unlikely. With THAT much power in it, they might dumb it down or something so they won't get in trouble. They could add a clear warning or something, but people will still bitch about how it ruined their amp cause they used it wrong....

EDIT: Oops, double post. Sorry guys.

Saxo-Walrus

I saw Mastadon live on T.V. on some wierd show.

They sucked horribly.
such an incredible album, well worth the long wait.
Fav songs atm: sleeping giant, Circle of Cysquatch, colny of birchmen, pendulous skin

Now just to wait for the vinyl...
"But lo, a stir is in the air! The Wave -- There is a movement there!"
mastodon pretty much should make the jump to mainstream now, blood mountain has improved on leviathons foundation.
who are you to wave your finger......
There getting pretty big now, but I dont think youll see them on mtv anytime soon though.

Quote by liesofautumn

What? Where? I must know! I loves Dream Theater (they're my favourite band)
Quote by BrofUJu
What? Where? I must know! I loves Dream Theater (they're my favourite band)

Lastest Guitar World issue with LOG on it.