Page 13 of 13
The Necrotizer
Monolithic Misanthrope
250 IQ
I listened to about 4 Isis albums last night. "Altered course" is possibly the most moving piece of music I've ever heard. I will forever regret not seeing them last time they were down here
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
Yeah they have come down near my city a few times... but I just never had the time to come over there... I had too much going on

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
Quote by illuminatiano
negative, they played shows throughout the summer.

Well yeah, but they announced them breaking up then I believe. I almost saw them on the farewell tour, but my ride bailed ;_;
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
SchecterC-1+Man
1,022 IQ
Been listening to Mamiffer and Jodis. Pretty cool stuff. Didn't Aaron have a black metal project going, as well? I wanna say it was Old Man Gloom, but they aren't exactly black metal from what I've heard.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
Aaron is a part of Old Man Gloom, but they are definitely not black metal, they're another post-metal group.
Quote by lolmnt
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
He's the guitarist in Twilight, a USBM band. Don't know what they sound like though.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
SchecterC-1+Man
1,022 IQ
Yeah, it's Twilight. Someone on the SMN boards posted a song a few months back, I thought it was good.

EDIT: Is he just the guitarist? I thought he was the vocalist too, for some reason..
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
I can't believe these guys are broke up... I still think they will do something in the future...

really digging Panopticon

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
I'm waiting for Old Man Gloom to pick back up. And that album is my favorite of theirs.
Quote by lolmnt
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
Check this out:

http://isistheband.com/

They're releasing 5 CD's of live stuff, one every two week. With some repressed clothing and such.
Quote by lolmnt
BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
Oh wow, I'll have to get on that. I went on an Isis binge a few weeks ago, forgot how much I love them.
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
I already have a shirt by them, so I think I'll just download the albums. I'm excited for them, though.
Quote by lolmnt
BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
Yeah I'm not fussed about the shirts. I probably can't even afford all the albums, so I might just get a couple.
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
Now, if they were to compile it into a giant vinyl collection, I may bite..
Quote by lolmnt
mr. riff
Registered Abuser
65 IQ
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Yeah, it's Twilight. Someone on the SMN boards posted a song a few months back, I thought it was good.

EDIT: Is he just the guitarist? I thought he was the vocalist too, for some reason..

I'm positive he does at least some backing vocals. I can definitely hear him at the end of Red Fields.
francesco18
galloping E|-0-0-0-0
1,383 IQ
Did you know that Harris, Clifford Meyer and Caxide are recording some shit together and they're looking forward to publish it ? Should be interesting. (ok Turner was the genius and the ''mind'' of the band but Harris is a superb drummer and I quite like Clifford Meyer's shit with Red Sparowes).
kaptkegan
UG Senior Member
238 IQ
So I just started listening to ISIS (apparently years late, but oh well. Didn't used to listen to any growling. I really like their growling for some reason). Pretty much I've had Wavering Radiant on repeat.

For someone who doesn't like metal a whole ton (but is very open minded) is it worth diggin into the rest of their albums? Or does Wavering Radiant stand apart so much that I'd be displeased?
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
All of their albums are worth checking into in my opinion. But you can see a clear progression with each album until Wavering Radiant. They all have their own flavor and I would highly recommend Panopticon and Oceanic most definitely.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
I'd say work backwards. Definitely agree with Panopticon and Oceanic, although they're both a lot more claustrophobic with less clarity in the vocal department.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
I have Isis' "Wavering Radiant". What albums should I get next? I'd like to dig more into their work.
Steve08
Lord of Battery
390 IQ
Panopticon and Oceanic are the ones to procure, the latter featuring a particularly interesting theme of water.
Last edited by Steve08 at Feb 3, 2013,
BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
Quote by Steve08
Panopticon and Oceanic are the ones to procure, the latter featuring a particularly interesting theme of water.

Yeah, those two are the greats. Can't really go wrong with any of their stuff really though.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Steve08

Thank you! I'll check out "Panopticon" first.
francesco18
galloping E|-0-0-0-0
1,383 IQ
Quote by BenRaah
Yeah, those two are the greats. Can't really go wrong with any of their stuff really though.

Imo the first 3 albums (Celestial, Oceanic, Panopticon) are essential. ITAOT and WR are less adventurous and more conventionally post-rocky; judging from some recent interviews Aaron Turner seems to be really underwhelmed on how they turned out. I think they're good albums but definitely not on par with their early stuff.

Their EP ''Mosquito Control'' deserves a spin too, Sam.
Last edited by francesco18 at Feb 5, 2013,
BenRaah
zebra
676 IQ
Disagree with that. I think the last two albums were both fantastic and I don't really find them to be any more conventional than the older stuff.
francesco18
galloping E|-0-0-0-0
1,383 IQ
Quote by BenRaah
Disagree with that. I think the last two albums were both fantastic and I don't really find them to be any more conventional than the older stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, there are some fantastic songs in both but I feel the first 3 records were more stylistically and thematically coherent.