Page 2 of 13
They were awesome last night. They opened with "So Did We," but that's the only song I knew out of the 4 to 5 song set.

EDIT: Let me take a moment to fix and laugh at my spelling errors.
Last edited by SGRocker0791 at Sep 29, 2006,
I prefer Pelican.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by SGRocker0791
They were awesome last night. They opned with "So Do We," but that's the only song I knew out of the 4 to 5 song set.

Noice! Definitely one of their best songs, and probably the best one off Panopticon

They have a lot of references to towers, especially in the early releases. Is that referring to anything particular or is it open to interpretation?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Great band. Everything they do creates eargasms.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Got their dvd yesterday, "Cleaning Up The Eye". Pretty good, it involves a bunch of random song performances from both early and late days, and a full australian set, a video (can't remember what the song was, but they only have one video) and a photo gallery/discography. Good sound on most shows, except maybe for the early ones. Some reeeeeeallly overcaffeinated camera work on one of the videos. Presentation both cover and menus is pretty sweet too, fits the band and the music.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Isis are great they are currently touring with Tool. Panopticon is there best much better than Celestial and Oceanic. It's nice to mellow out to Isis after listening to Converge and Sikth.
Heh personally I prefer all their other releases over Panopticon, which is still a great album

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I saw them live when they were opening for Tool. They're great live! My favourites are So Did We, and Backlit. Also, does anyone here know what tuning the guys from Isis use? Is it Drop D down 1 1/2 steps, or something else?
Quote by ratm_basssolger
They're a pretty good band....i have Oceanic.

Pretty good? PRETTY GOOD???

THEY FUCKING RAPE!
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
^ He speaketh the truth

And yeah, what tuning do they use? Whenever I attempt to play along with bands like this (Cult of Luna, Pelican, etc.) the lowest note is always a B, so I always just assume they use 7 strings, or down two and a half steps, but I may be wrong.
Quote by BrofUJu
^ He speaketh the truth

And yeah, what tuning do they use? Whenever I attempt to play along with bands like this (Cult of Luna, Pelican, etc.) the lowest note is always a B, so I always just assume they use 7 strings, or down two and a half steps, but I may be wrong.

Night_Lights told me F#. O_O
Hah I heard that it was A. But they tune down, I've never seen Aaron with a seven-string

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
In Fiction owns. They are great for kindof relaxing metal. I find them unique in a way that no one really sounds like them.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by kaktusnpoop
The Red Sea

"you were away...
when honey,.. when was I... away?
I'm not sure... you were though,.. away in the sea of red.."

FTW

that has to be one of the most evil riffs invented.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
"you were away...
when honey,.. when was I... away?
I'm not sure... you were though,.. away in the sea of red.."

FTW

that has to be one of the most evil riffs invented.

Whole album is amazing

The Minus Times has to be a devastatingly loud song live

Wish they played their old stuff live still
Yeah, I'd love to see TMT live. I tend to like their early material just a little bit more than the Panopticon stuff

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
my opinion on isis
they are "good" they are
yet is like a spin off converge
they purse much of their creativity
hence nate from converge
is the isis bassist.
i like one song
the sea of red very much
and the other songs
are just trying to be different
which is the way it should be
but for me hard to get into.
sincerly
michael
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Yeah, I'd love to see TMT live. I tend to like their early material just a little bit more than the Panopticon stuff

as do i, but i do like Panopticon

the new album isn't all that bad, it took me a few tries to actually get into it, it reminds me to much of tool, and well i never really got into them
Quote by kaktusnpoop
as do i, but i do like Panopticon

the new album isn't all that bad, it took me a few tries to actually get into it, it reminds me to much of tool, and well i never really got into them

I like pretty much everything they released, but I do appreciate their heavy side. I agree though, that some stuff of Oceanic and Panopticon reminds me of later-days Tool

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I'll have to see them live soon.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I saw them supporting opeth and they were meh. But it was mostly the sound, it wasnt too grat 45982038534 miles away from the stage. But the more I listen to of their recordings, the more I like it.
Quote by wehe
my opinion on isis
they are "good" they are
hence nate from converge
is the isis bassist.
i like one song
the sea of red very much
and the other songs
sincerly
michael

Anyway my friend saw them support Tool and he said they were the worst band ever. I got suspicious and downloaded a couple albums and while they don't blow my mind or anything, they're pretty good downer music. He said the sound quality was really bad though, so maybe that's just why he didn't like them.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I like this band, I'm also quite enjoying their new cd a lot. Even tho it reminds a lot of Tool, their bassist and drummer mostly, but I'm also big fan of Tool, so meh. Need to check out earlier albums.
they are a little like Tool in a sense that they started out heavy, and moved onto more complex and intricate, if mellower, arrangements.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I saw these guys with Tool, and they were pretty damn good. I like them. It's very ethereal. I think it's like good mood music.
You are not a slave...
Quote by wehe
my opinion on isis
they are "good" they are
hence nate from converge
is the isis bassist.
i like one song
the sea of red very much
and the other songs
sincerly
michael

Well then, there you go.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
They are touring here next year and im hoping to catch them, if i can afford it. I reckon it would be an excellent show to see.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by GuitarSacrifice
They are touring here next year and im hoping to catch them, if i can afford it. I reckon it would be an excellent show to see.

It's worth it. Isis are very good live and look like they are into the music. They were all headbanging at the show I went to.

Isis just announced dates/citites for their headlining tour for the upcoming year. This is great news! Got to see them live a few months ago and was blown away.
They're coming back to Austin in Feb which excites the hell out of me cause I won't have to travel out to see them, heh. Can't wait.
I'm seeing them February ****ing 4th next yeear! Australian dates = win

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
I'm seeing them February ****ing 4th next yeear! Australian dates = win

They put on an awesome show, so you will not be disappointed.
I'm looking forward to them very much, especially after seeing "Clearing Up The Eye" dvd, their performance on that was hypnotic

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM