Page 4 of 13
I'm liking Wrists of Kings and especially Not in Rivers, But in Drops. My queer bassist made to mention how he thought they were trying to sound like Opeth. I think he's a tool. Best part of Not in Rivers, But in Drops for me is 2:43
I've found Jesus
I concur that your bassist is a tool. At least on this occasion lawl.

Not in Rivers... is awesome

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Mega-bump.

These guys are amazing, I have In The Absence of Truth and Oceanic at the moment, Panopticon is next on the list. Perfect chilling music.
listening to isis while high was probably one of the greatest things i've ever experienced in my life.

i was leaned back in a car looking up through the sun roof as the clouds flew by, blazed.

it was beautiful.
Ah, this reminds me I still haven't gotten Panopticon. I've been digging Oceanic lately. The atmosphere is absolutely crushing.
Quote by Aveks
listening to isis was one of the greatest things i've ever experienced in my life.

fixed

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Broadsword
Ah, this reminds me I still haven't gotten Panopticon. I've been digging Oceanic lately. The atmosphere is absolutely crushing.

Get Panopticon.

Now.

It's fantastic. I like it more than Oceanic, even. Slightly. But I like it more. Which says a lot, coming from me.

Oceanic IS fantastic, though. It's the album that got me into the band, and the only album I had, until recently.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
2:30-3:04 on Grinning Mouths is one of the most orgasmic sounds I've ever heard.
Quote by fallenangel20
Get Panopticon.

Now.

It's fantastic. I like it more than Oceanic, even. Slightly. But I like it more. Which says a lot, coming from me.

Oceanic IS fantastic, though. It's the album that got me into the band, and the only album I had, until recently.

Will do, cap'n.
Quote by Broadsword
Will do, cap'n.

I'm going to be getting "In the Absence of Truth" later on tonight. My connection's being all wonky at the moment, and I'm afraid that if I start downloading, my internet will go out, and stop downloading until I get home from work and restart it.

Saxo-Walrus

Sorry for the double post.

I downloaded "In the Absence of Truth" tonight, and I absolutely love it.

So far, I think it's pretty even with Oceanic, though they're pretty different albums all together. A lot more clean vocals than previous albums, but still one HELL of an atmosphere.

I'm loving this album. A lot.

Saxo-Walrus

Listening to Mosquito Control right now, the heaviness makes you want to **** your pants. Oceanic and Panopticon are my favorites though. ISIS can do no wrong, every release has something different about it, yet its always amazing.
Mosquito Control is definitely their heaviest work. Celestial is still my favorite, but Oceanic is a close second.
Quote by fallenangel20
Sorry for the double post.

I downloaded "In the Absence of Truth" tonight, and I absolutely love it.

So far, I think it's pretty even with Oceanic, though they're pretty different albums all together. A lot more clean vocals than previous albums, but still one HELL of an atmosphere.

I'm loving this album. A lot.

It's a great album, that's for sure. Garden of Light or Holy Tears are probably my favorites from the album.
^Broadsword: After my first listen, "Holy Tears" was my favorite, so far.

Quote by FollowtheReaper
Mosquito Control is definitely their heaviest work. Celestial is still my favorite, but Oceanic is a close second.

Mosquito Control is so heavy because they were basically Neurosis Jr. back then.

They hadn't COMPLETELY developed their own sound, and were just a Neurosis clone.

Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it's true, nonetheless.

Saxo-Walrus

I downloaded Celestial (which got me interested in the band), then Oceanic (sounded even better), then I bought Panopticon, which was my favorite for a long time, especially In Fiction. It seemed like they'd fully developed the sound they began in Oceanic (still a great album). I bought In The Absence of Truth last week. It seems slightly mellower, but at the same time just as intense and heavy as something like Panopticon. Being a drummer foremost, the more tribal rhythms are very intriguing (a bit of a Danny Carey influence, I think). I have to say that at the moment, my favorite song is the final one, Garden of Light, especially from about 5:15 to the end.

Simply put, a groundbreaking band, more people need to listen to music of this level.
The drumming does a lot for the album, that's for sure. It was one of the first things I noticed upon hearing it for the first time.

Quote by fallenangel20

I'm going to be getting "In the Absence of Truth" later on tonight. My connection's being all wonky at the moment, and I'm afraid that if I start downloading, my internet will go out, and stop downloading until I get home from work and restart it.

I tried downloading Panopticon about two weeks ago, and you know what happened? Take a guess.
I didn't know until last week that Isis collaborated with Aereogramme and released an EP. I heard it for the first time last week and I've been hooked on it. It's THE BEST EP ever, bar none.

Have you guys heard this EP? "In the Fishtank."

Quote by af_the_fragile
Hey guys...
I'm getting into Isis here.
So can anyone recommened me a good album to start from??

Hopefully you've heard their discography by now, but if you haven't, listen to "In the Absence of Truth" and "Panopticon." They're my favorites.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Every album is awesome. I love this band. "Garden of Light" is one of the most epic songs ever.
I'm reallllllly hoping wavering radiant won't be as lame as Absence of Truth...but we shall see. There's a live video of 20 hours / 40 days on youtube and it sounds sick...
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Love them.

I've been watching the "Backlit", "Grinning Mouths" and "In Fiction" live videos on YouTube so many times.
Quote by darkstar2466
I didn't know until last week that Isis collaborated with Aereogramme and released an EP. I heard it for the first time last week and I've been hooked on it. It's THE BEST EP ever, bar none.

Have you guys heard this EP? "In the Fishtank."

Is now added to my list of things to check.

I'm absolutely stoked about the new album, can't wait.
Quote by Broadsword

Dude, get "In the Fishtank" ASAP. It's soo good... probably my favorite ISIS release.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Im a huge Isis fan. Panopticon is one of my favorite albums ever.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by manmanster
Im a huge Isis fan. Panopticon is one of my favorite albums ever.

Panopticon is sooo good. But I think the one album that has changed my musical senses is Oceanic. I adore that album very much.

The Beginning And the End is one of the most amazing songs, and the lyrics are beautiful.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Panopticon is sooo good. But I think the one album that has changed my musical senses is Oceanic. I adore that album very much.

The Beginning And the End is one of the most amazing songs, and the lyrics are beautiful.

Panopticon was the first Isis album I got.. and wow. They blew me away. There aren't many bands like Isis around.
I think that the Mosquito Control EP is some amazing stuff as well. Love the production and riffing.
Quote by Broadsword

have they already released it? I've been so out of the loop with Isis, and bumped into a friend yesterday who told me they had a new album or something or other, which was a complete surprise to me

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
have they already released it? I've been so out of the loop with Isis, and bumped into a friend yesterday who told me they had a new album or something or other, which was a complete surprise to me

In the Fishtank was a collaboration with a post-rock band, Aereogramme. It was out in '06 and it's an amazing EP. You gotta get it if you don't have it yet.

And Wavering Radiant, their new album is coming out in May.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Panopticon was the first Isis album I got.. and wow. They blew me away. There aren't many bands like Isis around.

Correction.

There are A LOT of bands like ISIS, it's just a matter of the band being as good, and as innovative as ISIS.

There are a lot of so-called "NeurIsis" cookie cutter bands out there, and they're growing. Basically, they're just bands that took the Later Neurosis/Early-mid Isis sound, copied it, and maybe added a few tweaks.

A few bands make the formula work, like Mouth of the Architect, but the sheer amount of mediocrity out there is just insane.

Saxo-Walrus

Nothing will match Oceanic.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie