Why are pop punk and emo in the same section

why are punk and ska in the same section

whats the difference between pop punk and punk

If you were to ask me, pop punk and punk should be in one section and ska and emo should be in two seperate ones (well screamo and emo could be together)
What's there to not understand.

It's quite simple, those are the best ways to organise the forums.

Although people would like a seperate emo and screamo forum...which would be pointless.
Quote by the_astronaut
What's there to not understand.

It's quite simple, those are the best ways to organise the forums.

Although people would like a seperate emo and screamo forum...which would be pointless.

Why arent pop punk and punk in the same forum? I dont get the difference
A lot of people in Punk n' Ska want to get a separate forum for ska, but Rankles said that Zappp doesn't want any more forums.

It might make sense for pop-punk and punk to be together, but frankly, I'm glad that they're not because I don't think I could take more Green Day garbage than there already is in the punk forum.
Quote by guitar_freak119
Why arent pop punk and punk in the same forum? I dont get the difference

Because they're not the same genre?
If any thing should be changed, it should be the Classic Rock forum. It's literally just 25 years of music into one forum. But the system works fine right now, so whatever.
Quote by highway2hell999
What The Hell Is Bong-water????????????????????????????????
YEAH, A BABY!
Quote by the_astronaut
Because they're not the same genre?

NO WAY!?! REALLY!?!

But actually, modern emo and pop-punk share alot of the same traits, therefore bringing them together.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
i totally agree.

Green Day isn't pop punk...they're pop rock
so is simple plan, good charlotte, etc.

Punk is the Clash
Pop Punk is the Buzzcocks.
They should be together.

Ska/Reggae should be a forum.
Being that Reggae was a branch off of early ska. And not all ska has anything to do with punk (only third wave and part of second).

But then hardcore and emo would be in seperate forums
because although emo came from hardcore, the current stream of bands would probably have users in those forums going crazy with eachother.

But it won't change because Zapp doesn't wanna make more forums, or divide them.
And because most people don't understand actually genre classifications.

EDIT: If you want to complain, bring it to Feedback