Well still trying to figure out what pedal to buy. I have three options im looking at. The boss ds1, the digitech distortion factory, or the digitech hot rod. I play mostly classic rock to heavy rock through ss amp. My guitar is a strat copy with h/s/s setup. the problem is one person reccomends something and then another says its ****. so idont know whos advice to follow. I dont have the option of trying lots of different pedals at the shop as its quite a drive and they dont have all the pedals in the world. Ive listened to soundclips, but through a computer doesnt really help because its not an amp. Please!!!!!!!!!!! im making a trip to the shop this weekend and i need to have a choice made befoe then so i can get them to order it in to pickup then>
first, what is the amp? and what is your budget?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Read some of the reviews here - although unless anyone gives you sound samples it would be the same as your friends recommending and criticising the same products.
yes, what is the amp. that is important.

oh and i have the distortion factory and i love it.
well....sorry
My amp is a randall GT75G2 series(75W). Im not looking to spend any more than 200-250aus.
the ds-1 is kinda for classic rock and not metal. look into the mega dist or the metal zone both from boss.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
once again ive looked at these pedals, but there isnt much info on the web sites. They dont really say what there reccomended for or anything. This kinda doesnt help, even if there is soundclips( as i stated in my first post) or are the sound clips fairly accurate? I more after personal experiences, but not just to say that this is **** and that is ****. I need to know why. Ultimatley i know it comes down to my choice but i need as many options and opinions as possible.
Quote by VolcomDeCaY
DS-1 is tried and true... by many a professional as well.
yeah but there usally modded like steve vai and i think joe satriani
Quote by GANGAS23
once again ive looked at these pedals, but there isnt much info on the web sites. They dont really say what there reccomended for or anything. This kinda doesnt help, even if there is soundclips( as i stated in my first post) or are the sound clips fairly accurate? I more after personal experiences, but not just to say that this is **** and that is ****. I need to know why. Ultimatley i know it comes down to my choice but i need as many options and opinions as possible.

I have a md-2 and it handles metal pretty well. but when you go tot the store try the pedal out and see for yourself what is better for metal.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Last edited by lookie here at Jun 4, 2006,
So would the ds1 be a good choice, for a stock standard one. What sort of mods would they have done to theres? Would it be easy enough to do it down the track? or is there something else that would give me the sound im after without modding it?
Last edited by GANGAS23 at Jun 4, 2006,
out of the 3 i'd say get the ds-1 but it's not really for classic rock its more just... distortion not really an overdrive sound for classic rock. its good for most grunge and stuff but if you really want a good pedal for a little bit more $ get the Boss Super Overdrive (i think its SD-1). its good for almost all solid state amps but did not work on my old JMP
Im going to use this thread because there are 3 pedal threads at the moment...

My question is, Im thinking of buying the Boss ME-50 with the Laney VC15 for a good metal sound, Marilyn Manson/John 5 metal... Will this work? and is it enough for jamming?
The best distortion/overdrive pedal I've ever used is the Boss BD-2. Buy it, it's great.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."