A small practice amp to be specific. I was wondering if there are any tube amp in small packages like anywhere from 10-50 watts?
Vox has some small tube amps. The Fender Blues Jr. is small and all tube.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Look at vox's. The valvetronic comes as low as 15w, and I think there's another low-powered tube model, too.
Crate Palamino's. All A-class tube, very warm and technically their Ampeg's since that's who manufactures them. There's a 5 watt version that should suit your needs just fine with low cost, or a 15 watt with more goodies (like a true EQ rather than just a presence nob). Not that it really matters, these amps sound HOT, not warm, hot.
I have a Vox AD30VT and it's awesome.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
well I've just started back from a 6 month hiatus on a count of my gear getting stolen, I've played in bands before, but the only amps I've had were Marshalls. So I want to venture outside of that brand, but also have a limited budget.
^My 30 watt Peavey is too loud for normal band use cranked...
I play at around 4 with drums+bass.

Threadstarter:
What's your budget?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
A Blues Jr or something might be great for you, with an overdrive pedal.
But even they can be a bit loud for home use....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Stop Messin'
I have a Vox AD30VT and it's awesome.

Valvetronix amps are NOT tube amps just because they have a preamp tube in the power amp section. They are analog, solid state modeling amps.

If you're looking for lower power, then I will also recommend the Blues Jr. or the Epiphone Valve Jr.
Hi, I'm Peter