Poll: How do you rate B.C. Rich guitars?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you rate B.C. Rich guitars?
WiCkEd AwEsOmE!!!
8 9%
Awesome!
8 9%
Eh, they're fine.
24 28%
Hate em'.
42 48%
B.C. what?
5 6%
Voters: 87.
Page 1 of 3
Seriously i have yet to see anywhere on this forum anything about a bc rich. everyone likes the strats and the guitars shaped like acoustic guitars (has a round body) and i say thats not how electric guitars should look. they where made for unique sound and thats what they should sound and look like.... unique, and intense which is why i love b.c. rich guitars.
please someone say they like them
I AM THE DEMUN OF METAL BWAHAHA
Bwahaha Feel My PoWeRgrrr
Member2BoycottMcdonaldsGroup pm rockergurl09 2join
Verdammt Zuhalter, Abhanden kommen!
demun: D,ee,Muhn-similar to a demi-god only opposite as a half human half demon.
i've never played one, but of the opinions i see around the forums, they suck.
I don't jump around when I go to shows.
hmm, looks like I've split the vote..

Edit: I've never played one, and I don't really care for how they look, but I can't say I hate them since I don't want to jump on the BC Rich-bashing bandwagon without ever having even touched one.. on the other hand there's a hell of a lot of people who hate them
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
Last edited by longview:) at Jun 4, 2006,
The only B.C. Rich shape that I like is the Mockingbird:

They don't sound good unless you spend custom shop cash.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
well, the general consensus around the UG forums is that the low-end b.c. rich series are crap (Bronze), but the high end ones are pretty decent. But, you'd probably have to go into the thousands to get a good one.

As for me, I've never tried one, so I'm not quick to jump on the bandwagon.
I can't stand those damn guitars. They're ugly as hell in my opinion. I had one for a while that I got for Christmas. It sounded like crap and felt like crap. Of course back then I didn't know what crappy was. I'm sure BC Rich isn't trying to be artistic with their designs, they're trying to get kids to say "OOOH! That must be a sick guitar! Mom buy that for me!" I've even seen employees at Guitar Center trying to pawn them off on parents as a great starter guitar for their kid... It's almost sickening. I don't like them at all.
RIP SYD BARRETT (1946-2006) Shine on...

Modified Fender Stratocaster, MIM, hot rails in the bridge
Crate 2x12 combo w/ Celestion speakers
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Digitech DigiDelay
BOSS PH-3 Phase Shifter
Quote by BlackLotusFox
I can't stand those damn guitars. They're ugly as hell in my opinion. I had one for a while that I got for Christmas. It sounded like crap and felt like crap. Of course back then I didn't know what crappy was. I'm sure BC Rich isn't trying to be artistic with their designs, they're trying to get kids to say "OOOH! That must be a sick guitar! Mom buy that for me!" I've even seen employees at Guitar Center trying to pawn them off on parents as a great starter guitar for their kid... It's almost sickening. I don't like them at all.

with the gear you've got on your sig, it's not that hard to see why those guitars wouldn't suit you
nice gear by the way
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
they look cheap, and made for looks. i was at samash the other day and we were sitting down playing, then out of nowhere we hear a guitar fall off the wall. the guy who works there goes to pick it up adn says, "dont worry it was a bc rich:
Check out my music *
i own an N.J. series mockingbird, i got it off ebay for 125 with free shipping so it was a steal. but anyways i think its a pretty good guitar, but my strat is better.
basically, the low end bc rich guitars are crap. The high end ones (not just custom shop) are pretty good. They suite lower tuned metal plenty good. pickups arent the best but hey, just change them if you dont like them.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
I have a Platinum beast and its the best I have since I only have a few crappy others, which also means I cant compare it to much but I dont see what makes them so horrible. The sound's pretty good through my Fender Metalhead.
I own 3 custom bc riches. A stealth, an ignitor, and a V. They are the nicest guitars i have ever played in my life. And believe me ive played some damn nice guitars. All the little kids are always bashing bc riches but the only thing they dont realize is that if your buying a guitar for 300 bucks you cant expect it to be the best thing youve ever played.
i've played one that was actually really good. it had a dimbucker and a duncan distortion pickup, with a floyd rose tremolo. it was really nice, and had a sick tone. it was like $900.00 though......i do like the bc rich "bich" guitar though. its the one that mustaine played in the early MetallicA days. its got a REALLY nice fat tone and actually looks kind of cool
Quote by ferretman
Sometimes I pull down my pants and play slap bass with my schlong. So I guess thats pretty important as well.
They're ugly pieces of sh*t. I'd rather play a squier.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by YoungPilgrim
The only B.C. Rich shape that I like is the Mockingbird:

They don't sound good unless you spend custom shop cash.

That guitar plays really nicely, and this is from someone who owns a Les Paul, so I know what a good-playing guitar feels like. It had nice, tight action, comfortable neck and body (by B.C. Rich standards, the body is, anyways), sounded alright, and actually looks decent. I heard B.C. Rich is planning on improving their products because people are starting to realise that low-end B.C. Rich is all about looks, though they could ride on that for a long while, you know how people are.
i keep hearing that all the kids want em and i dont really care. guitars are guitars and are meant to be modified. after all where would we be if we didnt decide to modify a hollow block of wood into these beautiful instruments?

the only reason why some of you dont like em is because you dont play they way they're meant to be played, low and heavy. you also probably dont like how they look because your not into the whole shock factor or having something look awesome.

i dont own one but have played them before and love them. i'm mainly saving for a ice acrylic warlock but to start im getting a metal master kit simply cuz i think my amp sux and the strap i have now is ductaped to hell and back and wont stay on ****.

and dont start yelling at me about how heavy the guitar will be i know how heavy acrylic is and i like heavy things. helps me build up upper body strength!

so for those who dont like em !
demun: D,ee,Muhn-similar to a demi-god only opposite as a half human half demon.
i played my friends wartribe series warlock and it was crap, that may be because he has a marshall mg100dfx or somethin like that, but it sounded like straight anus and the f*ckin pointy thing on the top of the body stabbed my nipple when i played it sitting down
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Owned one and still do it's not bad but not the best by ANY means. I play what you play, unless it's like drop Z nu-metal, and BCRich to me are kinda poserish metal guitars the whole "shock factor" to me takes away from your playing and people notice your guitar and are like OmGz0rz h3 iz teh tr00 kvlt meetal!!! One of the reasons I got my Ibanez it plays ALOT better and sounds ALOT better too. You seem to like them thats fine but I just gave my view, and if you want a cool guitar other brands can give cool looks without a bad build IE ESP or Jackson have very nice metal guitars with good looks. If you're only in it for a shock factor and looks you probably shouldn't be playing guitar, unless you're just trying to put on a freaky live show or something.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Demun

and dont start yelling at me about how heavy the guitar will be i know how heavy acrylic is and i like heavy things. helps me build up upper body strength!

They're more likely to yell at you about the terrible resonance that it would have...

Acrylic =/= tonewood
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Ugly. I doubt they have any tone. I never picked one up at guitar center for fear of slashing my throat on its un-human friendly shape.
Quote by scotchtape
i played my friends wartribe series warlock and it was crap, that may be because he has a marshall mg100dfx or somethin like that, but it sounded like straight anus and the f*ckin pointy thing on the top of the body stabbed my nipple when i played it sitting down

Now, what the hell have Marshall MG's ever done to you to deserve that kind of an insult?

I have an MG50DFX and it sounds decent. Believe me. It was the BC Rick that made it sound terrible.

Also, I can't agree more that they're just for poser metalhead wannabe's. Real metal players go for Ibanez, Jackson, or ESP guitars. The posers skip those and go for the BC Rich guitars.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I dont know how many drugs the designers of B.C Rich have been taking, because they completely look like something that comes out of my behind, and lands in the toilet...
They are OK guitars. My nephew got one a while back and I played it a few times. The pickups suck in it. The action is too high. The body (Warlock) is nice to look at but wierd to hold unless you stand up. The agathis body doesnt do sh*t for tone. But on the plus I like the 24 fret neck.
^Zep, you sh*t scrap metal and shards of jagged glass?

Damn. That must hurt.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Zep, you sh*t scrap metal and shards of jagged glass?

Damn. That must hurt.

looking at a B.C Rich hurts even more
Quote by zeppelin68
looking at a B.C Rich hurts even more

Yes. Yes it does.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Theyre Okay, i have the Warlock (Bronze) by B.C. Rich...
---/-l--l--\
-/---l--l---\
-\---------/
--)-------(
-/----^----\
-\--/ --\--/
--\/ --- \/
Last edited by Kuitar at Jun 5, 2006,
^And you'd rather waste your time making a picture of it than playing it. That tells you something.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by zeppelin68
i think you have something else in your hands too

haha
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I hate most of them except for the flying V style ones they look kinda cool. But I don't like the others.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Yea I like the KKV, but for the one that the King actually uses would probably be thousands and thousands and if I had that I could probably get a better custom made to MY specs lol
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Agathis isn't even wood, commercial grade maho? that's an insult to maho and your mother.

don't buy it.

Basswood isn't much better either.
what about nato wood? i think that the bronze ones are crap and platinum isnt much better but the ones i will buy are the nj series. mainly because they come with better wood and have floyd rose tremolos. and once i get enough money and have a car already i will buy a custom shop rich.
I do not like the look.
I'm sure with a pup replacement they'd sound allright. At least with a tonne of gain.
But it's a silly numetal guitar. I don't enjoy being stabbed in the crotch funnily enough.
Page 1 of 3