Poll: Audacity Or KRISTAL??
Poll Options
View poll results: Audacity Or KRISTAL??
Audacity
9 45%
KRISTAL
3 15%
Other
8 40%
Voters: 20.
Which recording software is "better" to use in your opinion. And why??? (if other, post it plz.)
i'd go with kristal. i thikn its pretty much the best freeware recording software you can download. it just sounds better to me, and has more features if im not mistaken
Quote by ferretman
Sometimes I pull down my pants and play slap bass with my schlong. So I guess thats pretty important as well.
I've never tried Kristal, but Audacity is a good program.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by The way to hate
Audacity is easier to use.

+1, much easier to use
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I vote for Audacity. For simplicity's sake, it's nice to have software that you're able to pick up easily if you aren't too computer literate and still have some options that professional software offers.
I've never tried Krystal.

We here at UG are Audacity groupies.
Pro Tools!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Audacity is simple and get's the job done, yeah, but the added functionality of Krystal is nice...i'd just downloaded it a few days ago, and i have to say, i like it quite a bit. the mixer is very intuitive, and the ease of adding effects was nice. also, support for VST graphic interfaces was nice. and just looking at the program's interface makes it feel more "grown up" and professional compared to Audacity, a nice confidence booster for us freeloading music producers
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
I like the way that Kristal has a proper mixer and stuff, but I hate the way you can't edit tracks, you have to open them in a secondary editor. For that reason, it sucks.

It'd be good if I had a decent secondary editor, y'know?

Oh yeah, plus it can't import mp3s or wavs so it sucks.
try acid pro!!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I like the way that Kristal has a proper mixer and stuff, but I hate the way you can't edit tracks, you have to open them in a secondary editor. For that reason, it sucks.

It'd be good if I had a decent secondary editor, y'know?

Oh yeah, plus it can't import mp3s or wavs so it sucks.

wow didnt know that...then again i've barely used the program. that whole deal with using a secondary editor is...how you say...

pussyish. yep, thats it...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com