Page 1 of 3
~Rules~

1. Post you or a full band playing a song by metallica, it must be the whole song, not just a solo or parts..full song.
2.Due by June 19th at Midnight..its a Monday.
3.There will be three judges..If you would like to judge send me a pm

Post away.
Hey, I like Metallica as much as the next guy, but jeese, I'm getting sick of all these contests.....I mean, what's the point?
Is there really any incentive prize or honor for the winner? Does the song get stickied? nah.

blink 182, green day, RHCP......I told myself, it's just a matter of time before Metallica gets one, and speak of the devil.....

when's it gonna stop?!?!?!
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 5, 2006,
Maybe somebody can design an avatar? I could always do that if needed. Oh yeah, I can also make the drums tracks if anybody needs them, PM me.
If they really need drum tracks, just goto Guitarbt.com. They have all the Metallica drum tracks.

I have a Metallica - Fade to Black cover done, but I really feel no need to enter a contest, and I won't.

But, who ever does join this, I will be watching (and listening of course).
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Last edited by EpitaphMan440 at Jun 5, 2006,
In referral to the comment above:

In the past contests were sanctioned by the moderators, thus giving the winner a 'prize' of sorts, may it be modship for a week or thier song stickied.

It is too bad that they do not do that anymore, how times are changing....
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
I'll enter. I'm not sure what song I will do but I will have more time now.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
oooooh count me in, ill do a video of something from justice wont be able to start work on it til monday come on ppl... do something original... lets try to elave sandman and puppets alone for a while!
Vocals needed? Otherwise I'll enter 'Call of Ktulu'.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
seriously guys if you think the ideas crap, dont bothering coming in and telling everyone, why waste your own time?

Im in, although, i cannot play many metallicas songs, from start to finish because of the solos are too difficult for learner me, so my choice for songs is pretty small, but ill choose nothing else matters
By full song, do you mean Vox too? Cuz if not, I already have one recorded I could post. If it needs vox, I might or might not be in cuz of time issues...
If I had $1, for everytime I had $1, I'd be twice as broke as I am now...
Quote by behemoth111
seriously guys if you think the ideas crap, dont bothering coming in and telling everyone, why waste your own time?

Im in, although, i cannot play many metallicas songs, from start to finish because of the solos are too difficult for learner me, so my choice for songs is pretty small, but ill choose nothing else matters

You could do Hero of the Day, or any of their new songs for that matter...

Considering my friend has my distortion petal, I guess I'll just judge.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Sweet \m/

Metallica's an awesome band with a huge catalogue, so this should be fun. I think I might want to try something different - like an acoustic Metallica cover or something =)

I can't decide which song I want now, but I'll let you know when I do...

Actually, now that I think about it, I might even want to do a piano cover. I've always wanted to learn MoP on the piano, and so far all I've learned is the intro (I'm an extreme piano noob ). Don't know though...

BTW how about, from now on, there will only be one cover contest at a time, preferably something regular like two per month. The RHCP Cover Contest hasn't even ended yet, so having two cover contests at the same time could drastically diminish the participation in either of the contests. How about an agreement - no more cover contests until the Metallica one ends?
Last edited by yawn at Jun 5, 2006,
Okay I know what I am doing. My world!
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
No vox, then I'll enter Blackened if I can.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
Why is everyone making these cover contests... i guess i started this... lol
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Cool, I'll put up my version of My Friend of Misery. I know it won't win, but it'll be fun anyways...
If I had $1, for everytime I had $1, I'd be twice as broke as I am now...
WILL YOU STOP WITH THESE DUMB COMPETION THREADS...CHRIST!!
anyway I wanna submit master of puppets!
Quite true, I completely understand.

Well, you could play For Whom the Bell Tolls, its not too hard.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
So like whats the story, If your gonna make a Comp thread you have to update it you twat! or delete it and let someone else do it!
I'll do Four Horsemen if this actually happens
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I really don't understand what the point of covering a song and trying to make it as close to the original as possible is.. seriously :/

You aren't going to be able to outdue Metallica, so you should just try and make your own version of the song.. If the contest is judged on originality and overall skill, then i'll enter. I'd like to be able to add vocals as well.

Welcome Home-Sanitarium
im a judge i this contest and i agree would be nice to see a oringinal one so try
Jesus had long hair, and he was all like For those about to rock, I salute you.

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

Member # 24 of Metallica Mensa

President of the Daron Malakian is God Club
pm me to join
id like to see how many people actually submit their entires. id do leper messiah or sumthin but my gnx3 broke down.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Gah, I'd do something, but I'm lacking a drummer, bassist, and rhythm guitarist at the moment.

/bandless loner
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I'll do Seek and Destroy with my band. No bass or drums though, unless I get a drum and a bass track. 2 man band At least it will sound like the song, not just the bass or drums for it.
Last edited by Warhead666 at Jun 9, 2006,
do we have to do the solo to the song o can we do our own, i might do oion or disposable heroes
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by flame843
I'll do Ride The Lightning, providing I can find a backing track.

Yeah, if you do, let me know, I need one too.

Ok, well it looks like xemosucksx hasn't updated this in a while, but it'd help if you guys put in the title of your threads something along the lines of "(Metallica Cover Contest)" or something like that.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Sorry to double post.

Quote by metalmaster362
do we have to do the solo to the song o can we do our own, i might do oion or disposable heroes

You can honestly do whatever you want, as long as it sounds remotely close to the original. Skill level will be taken into consideration. If you haven't been playing long that will also be taken into consideration. Just don't lie
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Seek and Destroy!

We all have no lives!

just kidding, I have a life.

Do the solos have to be exact? If not I think just one bend will do for the solo.
FIJI
Wow, im really sorry guys, my grandmother died over the weekend. Umm So rules yea..

It has to be the full song, if you cant play the solo its cool skip it or play the rhythm section.

There doesnt have to be vocals, and it can be full band or you and your guitar, up to you.

There are only two judges so far. 'ibaRGnez321' and 'nirvana_freak01'. I need one more person.

These covers have been pushed back to June 20th by Midnight EST.

Please make a new thread with your cover like this in the title 'BAND - SONG NAME - METALLICA COVER CONTEST ENTRY'

if there is anything I missed please let me know.

Oh yeah, you can cover the song however you want, dont feel like you have to stick close to the original. Do an acoustic arrangement of Master of Puppets or something. Again, up to you.
Quote by xemosucksx
Wow, im really sorry guys, my grandmother died over the weekend.

Wow, sorry to hear that man. Hope all is well.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by xemosucksx
Do an acoustic arrangement of Master of Puppets or something.
Lol, I actually tried that once. Didn't come out as well as I had hoped
Page 1 of 3