So, similarly to a thread that existed on the RHCP BBS a while back, this thread will use your votes to stage a battle between all studio recorded red hot chili peppers songs. I really hope that due to the decent effort I've put in tracking every song and making random groups that this will not be closed.

The way this is going to work is that i've separated all the songs into groups of five, with one group of four. Each voter gets to vote for his two favorite songs for each group and the two with the most votes after a reasonable amount of time, let's say three days, will move on. Please vote for your actual favorite songs, not for the ones you think need a boost.

Out of this world cup style group phase there will be just under seventy songs. We will vote off a few and make a 64 song bracket, and the eliminations will continue in that style.

To make it a bit more interesting, I used the # of comments on a website listing a bunch of rhcp songs to rank some favorites, and separated them out into different groups. This made them a little fairer, although there are still groups of death and relatively weaker groups. I'll probably use the same process later for the field of 64. I'll post several groups at one time, and try to only use one post to vote for whatever groups are up at the time. Vote in this thread because I won't be able to handle the flood of PMs.

RHCP is a hugely popular group on this site, so this should be fun. The first seven groups are.

Group 1 dani california, pea, hump de bump, the brothers cup, nevermind

Group 2 californication, savior, my lovely man, yertle the turtle, warped

Group 3 by the way, catholic school girls rule, what it is (aka Nina's song), american ghost dance, thirty dirty birds

Group 4 under the bridge, save the population, they're red hot, instrumental 1, taste the pain

Group 5 otherside, hard to concentrate, someone, sex rap, tear

Group 6 can't stop, police helicopter, teenager in love, I like dirt, one hot minute

Group 7 scar tissue, song that made us what we are today, out in la, magic johnson, slowly deeply
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Jun 5, 2006,
VOTE LIKE SO

Group 1 dani california, hump de bump

Group 2 californication, savior

Group 3 by the way, american ghost dance

Group 4 under the bridge, taste the pain

Group 5 otherside, tear

Group 6 can't stop, I like dirt

Group 7 scar tissue, magic johnson

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
^ you certainly can vote for less bands than you are allowed. i just ask that if you want to vote more, edit that post instead of creating a new one.

Group 1 dani california, hump de bump,

Group 2 californication, savior

Group 3 by the way, catholic school girls rule

Group 4 under the bridge, save the population, ( this one's really hard, but I'll choose save the population because of John's backing vocals. Taste the pain is in a close second.

Group 5 otherside, tear

Group 7 scar tissue

I love RHCP.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Group 1 pea, the brothers cup

Group 2 californication, yertle the turtle

Group 3 catholic school girls rule, american ghost dance,

Group 4 under the bridge, save the population

Group 5 otherside, sex rap

Group 7 scar tissue, song that made us what we are today
^did you mean brother's cup or nevermind?

Group 1 hump de bump, nevermind

Group 2 californication, my lovely man

Group 3 by the way, catholic school girls rule,

Group 4 under the bridge, taste the pain

Group 5 otherside, hard to concentrate,

Group 6 can't stop, police helicopter,

Group 7 scar tissue, magic johnson,
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut