Page 1 of 2
Great band. I'm more of a fan of their older work, although I haven't heard enough of their newer shit to judge. Gothic and Icon are my favorite albums from what I have heard. Discuss.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
My favourite is Draconian Times. Closely followed by Shades of God. But any of their older material is a great listen.

As far as the new stuff goes. I was talking to Spynal about it once and he put it pretty well. The new stuff is cool if you disregard the fact that it'se from the PL that made Gothic. A bit like how I can appreciate Load, I just disregard the fact it's a Metallica album.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
i have all their cds

my fav is symbol of life, beilive in nothing and icon and host too lol

isolate is my fave song closely followed by fader
I find them to be very meh
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
I <3 this band.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Shades of God is a vastly underrated CD it is prob my favorite allthough it's a very tough job to choose between Gothic ,DT ,Icons and Lost in Paradise for secound favorite all are brilliant in their own way.
Checked them out live last year ,great live band the only bummer is that they hardly perform anything from albums before DT, which is a pity.
Was checking out this Tribute for them today "As we Die for" not half bad.
the early stuff is great, has anyone seen the video they put out? i hear it's a crackup.
Seeing and probably meeting them in November. Very good band. Haven't heard much new stuff, but I love Gothic, Lost Paradise and Symbol Of Life.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
just getting into them at the moment, got draconian times........tis really awesome. what albums are similar to that? like the heavier ones. because i heard they had a load of depeche mode stuff and i kinda want to steer clear of that.
^Your best bet for a next purchase would probably be Icon.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
The only one of the 'Peaceville three' I enjoy. Their early albums actually had good, solid riffing, and never got all crap and weepy, unlike certain bands...

Gothic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything My Dying Bride have ever done, and will do in the future.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
meh, never clicked with me
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Ikon Customs is currently making a guitar for Gregor Macintosh... which means We > You

Quote by Magero
Quote by GiantRaven
Saw them live with Opeth, they had a nice sound to them

yeah same. they were pretty good albeit bit boring as a live act. still a brilliant studio band though.
I've only listened to Gothic, i thought it was pretty good. i could try listening to their other stuff.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
I saw them when I went to see Opeth. I don't really like them much.
So “In Requiem” is the name of the new album, other details about the album have not been released
I'm listening to Draconian Times and realised that this needs to be bumped.

I just had a look on the PL site for info about the new album and the drummer had this to say...

"So what can you expect? Very heavy, very dark and lots of double bass drums....."

I'm really looking forward to this album, I only recently found out they were working on a new one, but I have high hopes for it.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by kirkisking
Great band. I'm more of a fan of their older work, although I haven't heard enough of their newer shit to judge. Gothic and Icon are my favorite albums from what I have heard. Discuss.

Gothic is great. Nah overall a very decent band. Are they as boring live as people say they are though?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
^I haven't seen them live but I have the Evolve DVD by them and it was pretty good.
LAMMERGEIER
i saw them with opeth i think 4 years ago....i thought they were boring, but i wasnt too familiar with them and i didnt really enjoy doom/goth back then
My sig is better than yours
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndm I present:

"The Painless"

As made for Greg Mackintosh by your friends at Ikon Customs.

We > your mother

Quote by Magero
Last edited by Spynal at Mar 16, 2007,
That is one sexi guitar Spynal. Congrats dude.

And yes, Paradise Lost is awesomeness. Currently listening to "Forever Failure".
My friend runs the Paradise Lost official myspace and as such they sent him their latest album early. It's a REALLY REALLY good album, and def. worth getting.
I got the leak of the newwun.

I love it, i'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. Best since Draconian Times I reckon.
LAMMERGEIER
Whoah, that guitar is sexy.

I haven't heard much, any recommendations for a first listen?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Draconian Times.

But if you prefer the Death/Doom approach, go for Gothic.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by Mr. President
Big bump for In Requim being great, I've listened to a lot of PL lately and am really digging them.

Uber +1 for that.
In Requiem owns. Anyone else love how "Praise Lamented Shade" just KICKS in?
^That album was immensely overlooked as one of 2007's best. Barely anyone made much mention of it.

The title track is probably one of my favourite PL tracks ever.
LAMMERGEIER
Draconian Times.

Go backwards chronologically from there.
LAMMERGEIER
Page 1 of 2