Can anyone suggest a song with rather basic chords that you can sing along with at the same time? I'm an ok guitar player, but as soon as I try to sing while playing, I completely lose my rhythm.
Polly by Nirvana or Mary by Sublime
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Come As You (Nirvana), works for me.
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
Try the jam- thats entertainment. Its an easy rythym and only a few chords so its a good basic song to start with.
Big Rock Candy Mountain. I believe that it was Harry McClintock that wrote it. No matter who wrote it, it's an amazingly easy song to sing along with, because the words go exactly with the guitar. And people like the song, especially because of O Brother Where Art Thou?
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
Sympathy - The Goo Goo Dolls

Very easy guitar and the vocals don't go high at all. Fun to play too.
My first song was Wonderwall by Oasis.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Brown Eyed Girl is pretty bloody easy innit??

Try that one out!!

Just a bit of strumming and easy pattern
the easiest song for me is either Feel Good Inc by the Gorillaz, or 7 Nation Army by whit stripes
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
basically any song that's just simple chords played repeatedly in an easy rhythm is going to be just as easy as any other... the thing that is going to make the song the one for YOU to learn to sing along to is that it's going to be something you know extremely well. you need to find a song that fits the above specifics that you know so well you can hear it playing in your head at any time and that you know the lyrics to like the back of your hand. that'll be the one for YOU... it's different for all of us. those are all good suggestions though. my first was wonderwall.
Swing Life Away - Rise Against.

its pretty easy. and a great song, in my opinion.
I just posted this on another thread....I've been playing around 6months and had the same problem as you. This last week I've been working at it and I can play 2 Hootie and the Blowfish songs and sing. Then i tried Lifehouse-You and Me, Counting Crows- Accidentally In Love..... these 2 songs are very easy to play with. I advise you give them a shot.
Quote by Felldoh
Can anyone suggest a song with rather basic chords that you can sing along with at the same time? I'm an ok guitar player, but as soon as I try to sing while playing, I completely lose my rhythm.

"Annie's Song" by John Denver (actually, several John Denver songs) come(s) to mind...may be too tame/old for this forum, however.
Quote by reholli
"Annie's Song" by John Denver (actually, several John Denver songs) come(s) to mind...may be too tame/old for this forum, however.

That John Denver's full of ****....I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little more rocky then this.