Hello, I was curious. I really like the shape and look or the Dean Vendetta XM. I have a Ml now. I read the reviews on the Dean Vendetta XM, I heard it could stay in tune with the cheap-o tuners just fine, I was wondering if i buy that guitar, And upgrade the pickups, and tuners..Would it be worth it? Cause the guitar i have now is trashed, I dunno if i should buy a new ml or this cheapo and upgrade it..thanks
urrgh
What if i have most of the stuff to upgrade with already?..I have some better pickups..tuners..
urrgh
Quote by mgs251
What if i have most of the stuff to upgrade with already?..I have some better pickups..tuners..

Upgrading/modding guitars is always fun, not to mention all the stuff you'll learn from the project. It's your guitar and any chance to learn more about it is always positive. Good Luck!
the dean vendetta xm is $99 right?

dean makes a nice beginner for guys who couldnt otherwise afford a guitar. BUT if uve already got a starter guitar, its time u save a little, get something intermediate if u can.

if u have a budget, we can suggest some other guitars.
also what are u playing now, guitar and amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I recommend an Epiphone G-310 for a great intermediate guitar. They are around $400.00.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
actually in the US they are around $200, because they are close to being discontinued, and for a reason.

u should stay away from epi's under the G400 and LP studio series.

they used to sell alot of G-310s and LP-100s as high end starter guitars, but now that they dropped their prices, u can get a gig-able intermediate guitar from epi for the same price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Ippon
Upgrading/modding guitars is always fun, not to mention all the stuff you'll learn from the project. It's your guitar and any chance to learn more about it is always positive. Good Luck!

You may even make the perfect guitar if you take particular note of what you're doing. My dad is now into doing up cheap guitars. You'll also egt satisfaction knowing, you did this, it's the next best thing, 1st being; making it yourself from scratch.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
if its cheap then the wood probly isnt great, id buy an alder body or base wood guitar, and then modify it but its usually better and cheaper in the long run to just buy a better one and save your parts you already have
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Well im just going to buy a Ibanez rg321..upgrade pickups later..tuners also, I have a peavy solo series 130watt amp, And i use a dean mlx right now, It has a crack in the neck..and cracks on the body, So im ebaying it to whoever wants it for parts or whatever
urrgh