Hey guys, i was wondering how i should tune the E string when i tune my guitar down to drop c using this method:

E - no idea?
A - tune 2nd string to A
D - tune 2nd string to D
G - tune 2nd string to G
B - tune 2nd string to B
e - tune 2nd string to e

Also, i was wondering what would be some good songs to play in drop C?

Thanks.
Drop C tuning is:

C G C F A D

Its like Drop D, but then a tone down again.
theres a stickied thread on tunings
at the top of the forumpage
go find it =]
that'll show you how!

and as for songs
some Atreyu, some In Flames, new Metallica sounds alright (it might even be the same tuning im not sure)

i cant think of anything else
oh yeah, Killswitch Engage!!
alot of newish nickelback and papa roach use c tuning

oh and bullet for my valentine and children of bodom
a lot of metalcore and metal bands are tuned to Drop C.
Some of those (I'm not sure they're all tuned drop C, but anyway) are Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Himsa, The Black Dahlia Murder, Atreyu and many more...
But you can play all songs that are recorded in Drop D in Drop C too (if you don't play with the cd).
Thats great, really is. But none of you have really answered my question.

If i tune all the other strings to standard on the 2nd fret (when i play the 2nd fret, i tune that to standard), What fret would i play for the Low E String?
just tune it without fretting to standard
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Drop C (Drop D down a whole step): C G C F A D
Play the 3rd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 3rd fret Low E string.
Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.

Straight from the Tuning thread at the Guitar/Bass Basics forum.
get an electronic tuner and save yourself asking these sort of questions. They start from about Aus$30, it won't exactly break your budget to get one, and trust me its well worth it.
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
...for ****s sake. I HAVE an electric tuner. It has the 6 strings, in standard. I need to know how i tune the top string to C. Would i play the 4th fret and tune that to standard E? Or is it 3rd or 5th? Simple question.
Yes, the 4th fret on the 6th string in drop C will be E. A few people have already answered you're question, and you seem to tune using a very backward method. If your tuner has a "b" (flat) button, press it four times.
Quote by nextBIGthing1
...for ****s sake. I HAVE an electric tuner. It has the 6 strings, in standard. I need to know how i tune the top string to C. Would i play the 4th fret and tune that to standard E? Or is it 3rd or 5th? Simple question.

Just fucking play the top string and turn the tuning peg untill it says C you idiot.
My tuner can only tune E A D G B e, there is no ****ing C you douche bag. If there was, i'd be tuning it to that. I'm not that retarded.

Thanks, Joris and Typhoid.
Most tuners tell you when you've went onto a different note
i know my old ibanez one did and i got that for free..

and like someone said
find the flat button and hit that a few times
that might get it

and if not
either buy a tuner

or use the goddamn tuning thread like i told you too earlier on

i assume your username is a developement of your pretentious arrogant character as you seem to think you own the place, jerkwad
Quite frankly i appreciate the help from those of you who actually tried to help. The pissed off or arrogant character was because of pricks that would rather try and flame somebody who is asking for help, than pull their heads out of their assholes and either help or leave.
Well half of the people you claim famed you were simple reiterating what had been said before because you had taken no notice

EDIT: I will stop now, im not turning this into an argument, i know what i saw in you and im sure others did too
I doubt you're going to be the next big thing if you can't tune your guitar.
lemmi guess, your tuner is quicktune? free with all strat starter packs ?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by shmooty
Drop C tuning is:

C G C F A D

Its like Drop D, but then a tone down again.

Yea, that's what I play in. If your going lower than D, it's probably a good idea to change out the stings to a thicker gauge. I'm using .11's on my guitars. Drop C is great... KsE, Breaking B. , Static X, etc.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby