Hey!

Just dropping of a quick question, is this jackson worth checking out?

BODY
Alder with Carved Top and Flame Maple Veneer on Transparent Colors 

NECK 
Bolt-On Rock Maple 

NECK DIMENSIONS
1st Fret: .735?, 12th Fret: .810? 

TUNING MACHINES
Die-Cast Tuners 

FINGERBOARD
Rosewood 

NO. OF FRETS
24 Jumbo Frets 

BRIDGE PICKUP
EMG® HZ 

NECK PICKUP
EMG® HZ 

CONTROLS
Master Volume, Master Tone, Active EMG® TurboCharger® (0-20dB Gain Control) 

BRIDGE
JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo 

PICKUP SWITCHING
3-Position Blade:

HARDWARE Black 

SCALE LENGTH
25.5? 

WIDTH AT NUT
1-11/16? 

UNIQUE FEATURES
Reverse Headstock, MOTO Piranha Position Inlays, Bound Fingerboard and Headstock, Active EMG® TurboCharger® (0-20dB Gain Control) 

COLOR
Black

The HZ pups are passive, right? then i could switch em' out for like a pair of DiMarzios? How would those sound in an Alder body?

Is it a good metal guitar, also how good is the trem?

Thanks
im not sure how much it cost but you probably could get better.

yep hz are passives and yes you can swap em out for dimarzios. sounds depends on what pickups and what amp

metal errr it depends on your amp. dont know how good it is but i know you can put a ofr in it
it costs around 7300 skr. which probably is about ~770 $ (guitars aren't cheap here in sweden :P)

well let's say i get a decent tube amp. how would that work ? and threw in a pair of good 'marzios.

and how good is an Alder body? (i don't know alot about wood types, sadly)
decent tube amp and if you wanna go metal you could probably might aswell go for emg's

and i dont know much about alder itself
i have the DKMGT - its exactly the same minus the trem, i got that version because i hate the number of problems that occur with trems. but overall its a ****ing great guitar, it has such a great neck and its not very heavy so it makes it great for playing live. the pickups are decent but yeah i would change them. theres also this thing when you pull the tone knob out slightly - it boosts the volume by 20dB, but i dont use it because it only works with cleans really.

and yes, great for metal. which is why i got it.
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
Quote by Probie
it costs around 7300 skr. which probably is about ~770 $ (guitars aren't cheap here in sweden :P)

well let's say i get a decent tube amp. how would that work ? and threw in a pair of good 'marzios.

and how good is an Alder body? (i don't know alot about wood types, sadly)

It'll do metal no worries, the agin booster on the HZs is similar to what Alexi Laiho of CoB uses and gives you an output level closer to actives. Alder will provide a lot of crunch and a rather bright top-end but you'll still get plenty of low end and a fair punch in the mids, all depends on you amp/EQ really.
Alright, thanks alot guys

@azn : wouldn't that be 2 much of a hassle? to go from passive -> active pups i mean.

@metal: great just what i needed to hear

And i've heard that you can change the LFR that comes with the guitar to an OFR? How much would that cost, approx.?
Quote by Weybl Himself
It'll do metal no worries, the agin booster on the HZs is similar to what Alexi Laiho of CoB uses and gives you an output level closer to actives. Alder will provide a lot of crunch and a rather bright top-end but you'll still get plenty of low end and a fair punch in the mids, all depends on you amp/EQ really.

Alright, thanks man
ummm to change from passives to actives requires changing the pots and input jack also you need space for a 9v battery
aiit.

also, does the turbocharger work with, lets say 'marzios?

nad how much would i have to pay to have an OFR installed?
i dont think the turbocharger would work with dimarzios

depends on how much it cost just to buy the thing. and you can install an ofr by yourself its not that hard
okay :/

alright, you don't have a rough idea of how much the thing it self would cost, do you?
the turbocharger is q crap, plus its made by EMG so its probably only combatible with the HZ's. oh and it consumes battery life when on.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i dont think the turbocharger would work with dimarzios

depends on how much it cost just to buy the thing. and you can install an ofr by yourself its not that hard

excuse my stupidity...what is an ofr?
nope, sorry mate im from australia i think our prices are different to yours lol

edit: ^ its an official floyd rose
hehe it's ok azn~ ^^

@metal: so i should get rid of the turbocharger completly when swapping to the marzios?

thanks ;P