hey. what size string would be recommended for tuning to drop b? i'm trying to learn some machine head songs and need some tension down low. i was thinking 13-60. would these have enough tension?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
None, coz you shouldnt be playing that low....use a seven string...
Slash rules.....
^lack of money. seven strings are b-e. i need to be drop b not b standard.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I use 9-46 for everything, but you might be happier with 11s...

or maybe Zakk Wylde Boomers/Lo-Tune Boomers?
WOW

If you used a 7-string, you have to tune up a step, which wouldn't make any sense. I play in drop B as well, and I would recommend 13-62 D'Addario's. Just do not get Zakk Wylde Boomers, they suck, and definately don't get Ernie Balls, cuz they suck. Try anywhere from 13-56 to 13-62 D'Addario.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Do you want to drop all the strings (de-tuning) or just the low E string (drop-tuning)? If de-tuning I'd try some 13s and if drop-tuning I prefer Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky's (11's).