I have a black Ibanez Iceman and I was wondering if there were any ways that I could give it a different coat of paint? I know its a stupid question but I don't know if you can and if it would affect the guitar in any way
Umm ya you could paint it.

ok now that ive done being a jackass

Ya you can paint it but there is a tad bit of a process you have to go through you can either have a luthier paint it or do it yourself. if you want to do it yourself i suggest going into the guitar customization forum and asking there they can help
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Get it done professionally if you have no idea. It will involve sanding and painting and crying and sanding and more.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
It shouldn't affect the sound or anything to my knowledge...It certainly wouldn't be noticeable I wouldn't think.

Although I've never attempted it before, the way I would do it is:

Sand down the black paint untill you hit the wood, make it nice and smooth, then just paint on a new coat...I could be completely wrong, but thats the general idea in my mind.

Obviously put on a few coats as neccissary and mask up etc. Thats all obvious stuff though....becareful you don't drip paint into the internals though..My brother spilt about half a pint of coke in an old guitar of mine...Took months to clean it properly and it never sounded the same afterwards.

The worst thing I can think of is if you don't let it dry, it can warp and **** because the wood gets wet. So the slightest warpage can absolutely **** it up.

Remember everything (neck, hardware) has to be off the guitar. It all has to be taken apart and separated. Wood doesnt affect sound much. Maybe helps with sustain. But that's like how heavy and strong it is or something. If you spill a bit of paint in the holes, sand it out.

Laquer it , needs laqeuring. And make sure you buy the right stuff, or it will peel and be ****.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band