If I want to take the pickguard off my guitar and paint it, then put it back in, is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a 2 + 2 = 4 scenario?
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ibanez Paul Gilbert Picks
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
id say its a 39842.4231423+48789384.23=894371287321 scenerio
RIG

Marshall MG 50DFX
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standered
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Yamaha APX5A
RP 350
How helpful...

Math was never my strong point...

But seriously...you guys are the pros...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
What kind of guitar, pickguard?

Are we talking strat-style, or Les Paul-style pickguard?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
expect it to chip....and possibly warp depending on the paint
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Strat-style, Ibanez one actually...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
what you should do is rough it up with steel wool first (now i just mean break up the surface, you dont want it to look rough once painted) and hit it with even light coats of spraypaint, just build up the number of coats to get a deep color instead of hitting it with a couple massive ones that will drip.........

be carefull not to do too many and run the risk of it not fitting back around the pups when your done
Thanks, that helps

BTW should I try to avoid getting paint under the pickguard which is where the electronics go? Or is that bad? I'll post pics when I'm done, what a great way to start the summer .
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
it wont hurt anything other than if its thick enough to cause it not to sit flush on the body...but no, it wont hurt anything otherwise
Quote by Evan50150
what you should do is rough it up with steel wool first (now i just mean break up the surface, you dont want it to look rough once painted) and hit it with even light coats of spraypaint, just build up the number of coats to get a deep color instead of hitting it with a couple massive ones that will drip.........

be carefull not to do too many and run the risk of it not fitting back around the pups when your done

thats basically what i did w/ my pickguard on my tele. scuff it with some sandpaper, i used 220 grit. i taped the back off and used thin striping tape (you can get it at about any automotive parts store...napa, auto zone, etc.) to tape off the edges so it wouldn't build up along the edges. i sprayed 3 light coats of clearcoat on it after letting it dry for a few days. I let the clear coat dry for about 3 and it looks fine so far. I'm about to do the final polishing on the guitar so i don't know how the pickguard fits yet, but it doesn't look warped at all. If i had my ****ing camera cable i'd post some picks, looks pretty good though. I bought and extra pickguard off of www.stewmac.com just incase i ****ed mine up. Give it a try though, mine turned out fine so far
RIP Dime This "Blacktooth" is for you brother

I ROCK HARDER THAN EPILEPSY!!!