what is the best guitar i can get for Metal like slipknot unearth disturbed.

any price range i am getting a job over the summer so i will have lots of money to buy one
do you want a whammy bar as well?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
With the right pickups and amp you can play any kind of music on any guitar. The shape of the body and wild colors has no bearing on the type of music that can be played on a guitar.
Vendetta 1.0
Fender FM212R
Kurzweil SP88X
TASCAM 38-8
TASCAM 52-2
TASCAM M1516
DBX Type-1 NR
DBX 166
Alesis MV3
Alesis MV4
Sennheiser MD441/U's
Sennheiser MD421's
Quote by Herr Walther
With the right pickups and amp you can play any kind of music on any guitar. The shape of the body and wild colors has no bearing on the type of music that can be played on a guitar.

Clearly that statement is false i'd like to see you try and play metal on a hollowbody
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
um well if you want a fixed bridge, try a fixed bridge RG, or jackson guitars, maybe ESP as well. if money's not an issue then get the fixed bridge Jackson RR1 if you want it to 'look' metal as well
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by lemon
Clearly that statement is false i'd like to see you try and play metal on a hollowbody

It could be done.
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
for Metal like slipknot unearth disturbed.

Blasphemy...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ibanez Paul Gilbert Picks
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
Dont go for the looks. I've got a BC Rich KKV which looks metal as fk, it sounds more metal than a lot of guitars cos of the pickups ( BC Rich humbuckers). However my epiphone Les Paul custom Midnight sound more metal. (EMG Humbuckers). if you want, pick a beasty looking guitar and swap the pickups for some meaty humbuckers.
Personally I'd suggest EMG but try and find out for yourself. the amp matters too.

Bands that use EMG humbuckers (I think)
Metallica (or at least hammet)
Opeth
Testament
Black label society
i cant b arsd now, cant think of any more of toppa me 'ed
Quote by boxcarblink41
It could be done.

Well yeah of course it could be done, but the guitar would feedback like crazy from the mass amounts of distortion used in metal.
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Ibanez RG1570
Jackson Dinky, maybe a Randy Rhoads V
ESP M-Series, MH-Series, KH-Series

I don't know if you are wanting a baritone/7-string guitar though.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

OK, well I listed a few for you!

Maybe a Schector Hellraiser if you can live without the trem.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

It's actually a signature series, sorry. Kirk Hammett's signature guitars.
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_kirk.html
And be sure to look towards the bottom! Don't be frightened by the price.
- FJ

Yea, look at the 202, or 203...

I like the MH-400 better though. A bit lesser price. Look up the M-1000 and MH-1000 on the internet too!
- FJ

Quote by flyingjew34
OK, well I listed a few for you!

Maybe a Schector Hellraiser if you can live without the trem.

You read my mind. Shecter is the most underrated guitar. I, imo, would rather have a good shecter than a gibson. Shecters have awesome playability and you can find them with duncan or EMG pickups.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Yea, I just wish they made more of them with trems though... I think that's the big reason why people hate them.
- FJ

Quote by lemon

Any solidbody. Sorry that wasn't clear enough to you.
Vendetta 1.0
Fender FM212R
Kurzweil SP88X
TASCAM 38-8
TASCAM 52-2
TASCAM M1516
DBX Type-1 NR
DBX 166
Alesis MV3
Alesis MV4
Sennheiser MD441/U's
Sennheiser MD421's
Quote by Old Shoe
Dont go for the looks. I've got a BC Rich KKV which looks metal as fk, it sounds more metal than a lot of guitars cos of the pickups ( BC Rich humbuckers). However my epiphone Les Paul custom Midnight sound more metal. (EMG Humbuckers). if you want, pick a beasty looking guitar and swap the pickups for some meaty humbuckers.
Personally I'd suggest EMG but try and find out for yourself. the amp matters too.

Bands that use EMG humbuckers (I think)
Metallica (or at least hammet )
Opeth
Testament
Black label society
i cant b arsd now, cant think of any more of toppa me 'ed

Plus Slayer (at least King and Hanneman do)

Kirk Hammett, James, and Rob all play EMGS. (Do I gotta even say the band)
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
what would me the best

ibanez
jackson
esp
shecter

and what guitar would you recomend from the one you think is best
Quote by lemon

That's not hard at all.

I would go for the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR. Really top-notch metal guitar for under $1000. You can get it without the Floyd too, but I don't see why you'd want to.
^ Seconded. the Hellraiser FR is kickass for the price and one of the better guitars in that price range for metal.