Marshall
6 33%
Fender
9 50%
Other (please post)
3 17%
Voters: 18.
Hi all,

im going to buy an amp soon and i need to decide which. The stuff i play is mostly just classic rock (t-rex) blues, jazz and melow acoustic kind of things. I mostly use electric hollow bodies/archtops, so i need opinons of which kind of amp is good enough, id say i need something that is gig worthy, good enough to play say in a pub or large hall of some sort.

Thanks in advance
Umm, get a Marshall. You might need a pedal on it, but I doubt you will. The Line 6 Spider II has both a Blues and a Twang model on it. I find them to be a bit over-priced though.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

get a marshall

i like the different tones you can get out of it
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Fender Hot Rod series. Or Roland Jazz Chorus with a distortion pedal. Or if you got some money to spend, Boogie Lone Star.
Hi, I'm Peter
no dont get the line 6 spider. unless you really like the extremly robotic didgital effects, it sucks otherwise,marshall or a fender.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
any1 else realize the guy's going for a clean sound?

fender ftw.

besides, if he's just asking about these 3 companies now, i assume this is his first or 2nd amp, which isn't going to be over 1000 bucks, most likely. This means if he did get a marshall or line 6, it would be a crappy low end one anyway, so even more reason for fender.

take that, sherlocke holmes.
most people on here hate it but its all down to personal preference really.go and try it out and if you like it go for it if you dont then come bak here and ask for more suggestions!
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Yea, I was referring to a blues pedal. He wants something that will give him blues and jazz sound.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Yea, I was referring to a blues pedal. He wants something that will give him blues and jazz sound.

1) by blues pedal, you probably mean a blues style OD pedal. that can get you a blues sound maybe, marshall could be dececnt for that, but for jazz?

jazz dont use distortion, and niether does the "mellow acoustic stuff" he wants to play.

for THOSE, you need an amp with a good clean channel.

NONE of the marhsalls under 1000 are going to compare clean-channel wise with a decent fender combo.
Quote by goodbydresden
I was looking at Line6 but now you mention the poor quality effects im not so sure

I've got a Line 6 Spider II 30 and to be honest I'm quite satisfied. I don't really use the effects a lot but I like the amps distortion combined with my mahogany guitar it gives a nice metal tone. But I haven't really tried other amps yet so I can't compare it to Fender or Marshall.
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
And he never mentioned at all that he's looking for a metal tone. Any sort of tone where actual tone matters sounds hideous through a Line 6. Apparently, tone isn't as important to metal guys...
Hi, I'm Peter
Fender Blues Deluxe
Fender Hotrod Deville

or cheaper

Fender Prosonic amps

these are the ones you should take a look at in my opinion.
Quote by Dirk Gently
And he never mentioned at all that he's looking for a metal tone. Any sort of tone where actual tone matters sounds hideous through a Line 6. Apparently, tone isn't as important to metal guys...

notice how any troo metal dosnt use line 6.

you aint kvlt if youre line 6.
well the Vox ad50vt would be the ultimate choice if you can't afford higher end fenders