I was wondering if anybody had any tips or possibly links to tutorials on tap harmonics for bass. I've been working on trying to perfect them as well as adjusting my eq so that they'll ring out cleaner, but so far I haven't found any really insightful articles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
do you mean tapping octaves with harmonics, as in, for the whole piece, to get a smoother more melodic sound..? (fretting a note, then tapping its fret one octave up)

or freting a note and hitting frets relative to where the harmonics would be (like 5 frets up) to play a line with those harmonics?

after writing that out i realise there practicly the same princible.. I'l assume your talking about the later...

i have no access to articles no this subject.. but..

you know your normal harmonics. (12th 9th 7th 5th 4th(ish) 3rd(ish)) well if you want to raise the pitch of these, fret the bass note you want to raise them to, and tap a fret 5/7/9/12 frets up. you must tap them sharply, releasing quickly, and oyu must hit the fret accuratly..

somewhere down This Page there is a map of harmonics on the fretboasrd (its for guitar but its fairly simple to translate) take these notes, and move it up howevermany semitones you put the fretting hand up from the open string..

it might take a while to get used to..

Note: i dont use this techniwue often, but i know the basics.. )

somewhere down This Page there is a map of harmonics on the fretboasrd (its for guitar but its fairly simple to translate)