hi,

Id like to know if someone knew which kind of straplocks I could use for my ibanez rg350, that dont require drilling new holes into it or putting glue into the old ones. I checked with the female parts of my Boston straplocks (I only needed the male parts for my godin) but those dont seem to be the right size. Id hate to have to drill holes into my new guitar and I dont like messing with glue either...

thanks in advance!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
get some rubber washers off of some resealable beer bottles ie. the grolsh bottles

put them on over the strap on the button and it font come off

they are cheep, easy to use and you can get drunk while getting them
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
thx for your reply. Will do that if theres no better solution...

if some1 knows about a brand of strap locks that does fit the particular hole (sounds silly but there might be ibanez owners here with the same thing going on :P) Id appreciate your help
Gear
Marshall jcm900
I put a DiMarzio Cliplock strap on my RG350DX, and it is awsome. I wrote a review on them in the 'Utlimate Accesories Thread':

Quote by tombo32
Name of Item: DiMarzio Cliplock Srap
Who It Is Made By: DiMarzio
Features: The DiMarzio Cliplock Strap is a strap that clips on to two tags that are drilled into where the strap pins would usually go, so its never going to fall off (unless you unclip it)
Cost: Around $40AUD or $30USD
Style of Music It Fits: N/A
Why You Like It: I like them because they are the most comfortable strap I have ever tried, and the guitar can't fall off of them. And they also come in heaps of different colours. DiMarzio Cliplock straps pwn
Picture:

no modification required?
Gear
Marshall jcm900
^why waste money on straplocks when a couple of washers do the job perfectly well?

I use these little plastic discs. You put them over the button, twist and it locks your strap on.

Cost £3, no need to unscrew or anything, can be taken off in 2 seconds and do the job perfectly well.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Washers would be good if you didn't want to take your strap off a guitar quickly. I know I personally hate taking forever to remove a washer.

Just get fkn straplocks.

Just get Schaller or Dunlop straplocks.
Those platic things I have go on and off in a flash. Just twist.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i bought marvel straplocks. work perfectly, only £8 for them, and a doddle to remove
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.