can anyone clear up, wtf is a MIM Strat?
I'm sure some people will know I'm not a newb, so don't pwn me all at once

thanks
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i just means Made in Mexico.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
made in mexico fender stratocaster.

about 1/3rd the price of an american made. some cheaper parts but a good value for the money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
and they're great for ripping apart to upgrade the cheaper parts - still works out cheaper than an american one usually
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
aha, thanks, would a company website like www.guitarampkeyboard.com specify it as a MIM, or will i just have to find out, and if they dontl where can i find one on an English or European site, cos i aint shipping from the US, bloody taxes

thanks
--
The Fender Standard Strat is MIM, as are some of the others...They usually specify if it's american...

deg0ey
oh right so all non american made ones are MIM. (apart from the Jap. ones of course) Well there you go, you learn something new every day
--
Yeah, if you're gonna keep it as is get a new one...but if you want it for customising like the one i just bought, you can get great deals on ebay - i bought one used on ebay for £190 the other week and it only has minor cosmetic damage on the back which came out with some T-Cut anyway

deg0ey