How do you get the right sounds on Voodoo child?
i somehow just dont get the right sound.....
i have a Vox 50 and a Schecter C1
is there anybodody who can give me the right options of that song?

thanks for any respons

dickeskind
It's gonna be hard, if not impossible to get strat sounds from humbuckers. Can you guitar split the humbuckers?
do you mean the 'slight return' one (the one with the wah), if so, BUY A VOX WAH PEDAL. for gods sakes they're only £79, and it should get you it, also, try backing off the gain a little and using your neck pickup for the beginning, and the bridge for the first solo, then the neck again for the second solo, hope that helps

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Bassman+vox wah+strat=voodoo childe-hendrix
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
thanks a lot for all the answers

i use UK'S 80's and auto wah....is that the best solution on my amp?
and what do you think of the Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal ?
the pedal's good but expensive, just GET A VOX WAH, they even come with a free vinyl carrying case

--
HELL YEAH, seeing as its the pedal he used , he didnt have the Hendrix signature pedal did he ? i should get that vox wah tomorrow and will tell you if this is correct, but am 99.9% sure it is, seeing as it is definitely the one he originally used

--
^The wah effect on his amp he said, it's just an autowah, not that useful if you ask me.

Go out to a shop and try out a Vox wah, if you like, buy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by dickeskind
Is it possible to use the wah effect on the vox to get a quite correct Hindrix sound?

i think youll find he said 'Vox' above three posts up, but anyway, hes right try it and if youl like it buy it

--
^He was talkin about the effect on his Vox amp, lol
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I thought hendrix used a cry baby? Must be miss informed.
I know he had a fuzz face. I'm not sure about the effects on the VT, but normal distortion and fuzz are quite different.
Quote by edg
Yeah, without a strat it'll be a bit diffucult getting the right tone.
I recorded a version of it on my dmusic page.
Basically I used a Strat with a Digitech GNX4, but I wasn't really looking
to get the exact same tone.

wow someone like you doesnt deserve half of that ****, i dont mean to be mean, ive heard some bad people but damn you suck!!!
so with a vox amp, a Wah petal, and my Schecter....do i get a sound close to the Hendrix sound?
yeah just get a vox wah, whatever you do, dont get the hendrix signature wah from dunlop, it seriously sucks balls.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
Quote by JunctionP
yeah just get a vox wah, whatever you do, dont get the hendrix signature wah from dunlop, it seriously sucks balls.

is the hendrix signature wah from dunlop the same as the Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal?
cause i've not decided yet between the wah vox and the experience pedal.....
The jimi hendrix experience is by a totally different company.
Totally different thing.
Quote by Air Guitarist!
wow someone like you doesnt deserve half of that ****, i dont mean to be mean, ive heard some bad people but damn you suck!!!

Thanks for the intelligent critique.

My recording were also listened to by Ney Mello who is a world class guitarist and
teacher (from the GP forums):

" edg, congradulations! You should be very proud. That is much better than
I expected to hear.

Your playing is at the professional level. You have demonstrated skill at the
level of competency on the guitar which very few actually achieve. The next stage
beyond competency is mastery and you are ready to begin taking that on.

The drum tracks could be of more interest, but that really was not the purpose of
your recordings which was to show your playing. It proved you could play in time
and your timing was impeccable. Even some drummers have trouble keeping
exact time!

What separates an average recording from a "killa" recording is that extra
emotional dynamic that great players can summon. Nuances in volume and
attack. That is now what you need to work on. Your are ready for this level.

Believe me, most players do not even reach this level. It is quite
an achievement!"

So, now who should I pay attention to? Some jealous chickensheet who rags
on other people's playing without the balls to put up any of thier own, or a real
pro (who's music you can find on the net) who gave me a well thought critique?

Hm?

EDIT: Also by the way, that's the very first recording I put up and it was all just
1 take as I was experimenting with the recording equip. I could put a version up
that would totally smoke that one now.
Last edited by edg at Jun 5, 2006,
would it be possible to shut up?
@edg: let him talk...ive listened to your voodoo child cover and to me it sounded great!!!!

btt: so is the hendrix experience any good?
Quote by Air Guitarist!

he doesnt suck. He's not even that bad. Theres a few sketchy parts and missed notes, but nothing real bad, minus bad timing in the intro and about 3 minutes in.

and sorry, idk how to get that sound, i havent really tried.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
he doesnt suck. He's not even that bad. Theres a few sketchy parts and missed notes, but nothing real bad, minus bad timing in the intro and about 3 minutes in.

Well, I wasn't at all going for a note for note rendition. Maybe you're comparing
to the original. My first recording. There's some wankage in there, but I don't
think there's any timing probs in the intro. It's about 5 BPM slower than the studio
recording.
Quote by beckyjc
^That's going to help sell it

Im probably not going to sell it on here, im probly gonna sell it to one of those kids at school whos like wow jimi hendrix i wanna be like him, and BOOM 50 bucks richer i am as im driving to guitar center to pick up my budda. hahahaha. bastards.
Hendrix didn't use a Crybaby or a dunlop, they just put his name on a wah pedal so it'll sell more, If your looking for an alright wah get the Vox, if you want a real good wah get the Teese RMC3.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
keep in mind the teese is double the price of a vox, and for a less tone-savvy, non-giggin musician, the vox is more than enough, it sounds great. yeah its not true bypass, but it has wonderful tone, i like the subtleness of the budda more but thats personal taste, but I also absolutely love the vox. if you dont use the wah alot, dont spend 220 bucks on one.
Quote by Air Guitarist!

U serious?
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
The Experience pedal is an overpriced market ploy. Just buy whatever the heck wah pedal you want! Find your own tone! Don't let it be dictated by a group of snotty guitarists like us! GET OUT THERE AND BE A MAN!

*ahem*

Anyway, I don't use a wah pedal to play Voodoo Child. I actually prefer that song with cranked distortion, more of a hard rock edge than funk.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
ok but voodo Child is not the only song im going to play from Hendrix....
i wonna play all his good songs...and of course i wonna have a sound near to the original ones
so would you than buy the experience pedal or is it even than overpriced?
I'd never get it. You can get something just as good for cheaper. The ONLY thing you should consider regarding your favorite artists gear is pics. If you like somebody, chances are you'll enjoy their pics too.

Most of the "Signature" series gear are just overpriced gear. Guitars, pedals, stomboxes, strings, etc. by your favorite artist are all just market schemes to get more money.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Quote by Gibson06
Vox Amp + Hendrix signiature Wah+ Stratocaster= Voodoo Child

Jimi Hendrix->Vintage Stratocaster->ORIGINAL Vox Wah->Cranked Bassman=Voodoo Child
And edg, not shabby playing
Didn't love the tone, at all, but that's my opinion.

How do you like that torres boogie mite head?

No one "deserves" gear, If you can afford it, more power to you.
Thanks.

Yeah I really wasn't paying much attention to the tone -- I just dialed in 1 of the
presets from the GNX4. The playing was a bit spotty in some of the solo parts.
But it was my first recording and it was decent enough at the time. Some of
the later recordings came out better like Little Wing and Tumbling Dice.

I think my next project will be to do a new version of Voodoo Child.
Quote by dickeskind
How do you get the right sounds on Voodoo child?
i somehow just dont get the right sound.....
i have a Vox 50 and a Schecter C1
is there anybodody who can give me the right options of that song?

thanks for any respons

dickeskind

If you got the VOX AD50VT, it'll be easier to use the auto wah built in then it will to use a regular wah.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music