Page 3 of 7
Love Steely Dan, top 3 favorite band indeed. Favorite song would be Bad Sneakers and favorite album would be Royal Scam.
Quote by Sloopy
My flux capacitor burnt out last week and I was stuck in 1955. I had to put my parents together and save my family.
GREAT SCOTT!

Now, remember - according to my theory, you interfered with your parents first meeting. If they don't meet, they won't fall in love, they won't get married and they won't have kids. That's why your older brother's disappearing from that photograph. Your sister will follow, and unless you repair the damage, you'll be next.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by Sloopy
My flux capacitor burnt out last week and I was stuck in 1955. I had to put my parents together and save my family. When I got back it was 2007 and I was sitting in an office on a PC on UG.

Sound familiar?

That's great. But then this follows

Quote by BrainDamage
GREAT SCOTT!

Now, remember - according to my theory, you interfered with your parents first meeting. If they don't meet, they won't fall in love, they won't get married and they won't have kids. That's why your older brother's disappearing from that photograph. Your sister will follow, and unless you repair the damage, you'll be next.

That's funny. That's Back to the Future (I feel like such a noob... )?
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Funny... I haven't seen that in a while. Few years actually...

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^^Well, I've probably seen it one too many times Actually, we were just talking about it in English class today.

Hasta la bye-bye
Quote by Thefallofman
Funny. How'd that come up in English class? That's an interesting topic isn't it?

^^Exactly. We just got done with the Time Machine, and since my english teacher is a little weird to say the least, he had us bring in an article related to time travel and we had to present the theories as if we discovered them, in a "Time Travel Conference." We had some time at the end, so someone got up and did a mock presentation on Back to the Future
Quote by Thefallofman
Ok guys I've fixed my time machine. I revisited my high school grad and didnt get hammered but I did score with a cheerleader. Yeah you guys should get one.

Anyone know that Chevy Chase was in Donald Fagen's pre-Steely Dan band The Leather Canary. He apparently left after they became Steely Dan...
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I might have read that in my Rock N' Roll Encyclopedia, but I know nothing of that band.

Do you have the Rolling Stone one? That's a great little book eh?

Quote by Kartman

What are your favorite Dan songs? I've been getting into Turn That Heartbeat Over Again Lately.

Sorry for changing topic so drastically

Quote by Sloopy
Do you have the Rolling Stone one? That's a great little book eh?

It's not bad, but there are a lot of bands in it that I'm not interested in, and a lot that I am interested in are not in it.
Yeah I found that. Why the hell do they have non-rock artists in there. wtf is Madonna and Milli Vanilli doing in there?

Quote by Kartman

I don't know... Did you guys see that "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" thing in here? John Frusciante and Jack White (or whatever the guys name is from the White Stripes) being in there and no Joe Walsh anywhere, and Kurt Cobain, more of a freaking popularity contest than anything.

Anyway, back to topic, what's your favorite Dan song?

^ Sorry more on the guitarist list, yeah its a popularity contest. Why the **** is Kunt Cobain in the top 20 and Zappa, who is an amazing musician that doesnt just play power chords, end up in the 45th postition? I bet Kurt himself wouldnt have liked that because he wasnt that much of an idiot.

Was he?

Quote by Kartman

He does more than just power chords... They just make up a portion of his playing. That's like half of the hair bands of the 80s though too... I'm sure he'd have been flattered, but would have strongly disagreed. Unless that guy mixed up the list with most influential, then it's incredibly off. The guys from Steely Dan, were they even in there? I dunno their names and to my knowledge the lineup has changed a bit over time.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
He does more than just power chords... They just make up a portion of his playing. That's like half of the hair bands of the 80s though too...

Except nothing he plays is anything worth mentioning, really.
^ Yeah there no moments of "ZOMGZERZ" in Nirvana.

Quote by Kartman

I disagree, but whatever. They have some decent stuff. Kurt wasn't a good solo player, but he wasn't a terrible musician. Granted he wasn't the best either, but he wasn't bad.

Quote by Sloopy
^ Yeah there no moments of "ZOMGZERZ" in Nirvana.
They have a lot of good songs...I like 'em
Quote by Thefallofman
I agree. Come As You Are FTW That's just a good song. As I said, they're not dazzling but they aren't horrid.

^ They were right for the time. But now they've just spawned to much suckiness. I mean no ZOMGZ in their music in terms of virtuoisty and like guitar skills etc.

Quote by Kartman

Yea I agree that they spawned a bunch of absolute shit... That is true.

Quote by Sloopy
I mean no ZOMGZ in their music in terms of virtuoisty and like guitar skills etc.
well duh but hey, I enjoy the songs, so yeah
Quote by Thefallofman
^ Thank you Heartbreaker. That's exactly what I mean.

Quote by Kartman

Haha.

Quote by Kartman

And what's your definition of amazing music? There are a lot of songs that people call amazing that I'd say aren't that all dazzling... A lot of songs are just flat overrated. Kurt wasn't a bad musician, he's just not as good as other people.

Now let's try and get this thread back on topic? Favorite Dan songs? Anyone?

Kid Charlemagne is my all time favorite, that guitar solo is mind bending.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I love Boddhisatva (or however you spell that song....). Aja is an amazing record too though.

Kid Charlemagne, Do It Again

Quote by Kartman

I didn't know this but my dad sad that Larry Carlton played on the album Aja... I haven't listened to the guitar on that album much, but I've heard Larry Carltons' album "Last Nite", and it is INCREDIBLE at what he played on there...

Quote by Page&HammettFan
Now let's try and get this thread back on topic? Favorite Dan songs? Anyone?

Aja contains a lot of good songs; my favorite is Deacon Blues.

I also enjoy Dirty Work from Can't Buy a Thrill, and I've seen a short clip of Gov't Mule doing a brilliant job of covering it.

Pretzel Logic is another album of theirs I really enjoy, and even though the music on that album contains a lot of Jazz-Pop, it's extremely well-done, and songs such as Any Major Dude Will Tell You are among my favorite by the band.
Is Pretzel logic, in your opinions, their best guitar album? I know that there was a vote and they posted that on their website at some point, according to my dad.

^ In my opinion is is, but Aja is the best all around.

Quote by Kartman