Page 4 of 7
Larry Carlton FTW The title track, although I was absorbing all of it that I could so didn't pay attention, apparently according to my dad has amazing drumming on it. I have yet to listen a second time though...
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^ The drumming isnt bad. But the focus definately the guitar and melody.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Well at the end of the song primarily... I remember being impressed from what I can recall.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^ True.

Quote by Kartman

From what I remember Aja was awesome...

I can't wait to listen to it again... I've only heard parts of it twice now...

My dad owns it... But it's in his car and it's not usually home So I don't get to grab CDs out of it that often.

^ Or buy it

Quote by Kartman

Yeah well then he wouldnt have to steal his dads. I always hated it when my kids stole my albums, but then again it was better than rap.

Quote by Kartman

Oh my dad gets so pissed I love the look on his face.

I remember one time I asked him if I could play his Les Paul....

He goes "Why?" after thinking about it for a minute with this really funny tone in his voice.
I replied "Well you were going to let me play it in Ohio when I played with your band (at a band practice gettin ready for a gig) but it was in the car and you didn't want me to waste the time in pulling it out..."
He replys to that "Fine... But bring it back down when you're done!" because at this point I was already walking off to grab it

I think he didn't argue with me with the standard "It doesn't need to be played" argument because the Saints game was coming on and he didn't feel like missing it so he could argue about me playing it

^ Haha classic. Yeah one of my kids tried to play my Les Paul, lets just say he never tried again. My Les Paul is off limits to anyone but me. I have my sweat and blood on that guitar. (literally)

Quote by Kartman

Well this is a 1983 Les Paul Custom...

Hand built April 18th, 1983
Sunburst Guitar, and one of the most unique looking Les Pauls around
Cream binding
All hardware is gold
Humbucker pickups

It's a beaut Unfortunately my dad pulled it out on one of those rare occasions for a gig with that band of his I mentioned, a family thing, and a drunk lady knocked it off of it's stand... It took some of the stain off of the back of the neck. Luckily, that's all it took.... I'll see if I can post a picture

Edit: Here it is... I spent a ton of time looking for it too. It's blurred from having to shrink its size, but you get the basic idea of what it looks like. I went from page 1 to page 295 of the Zeppelin thread looking for it thoug Anyway, enjoy.

(Invalid img)

Last edited by Page&HammettFan at Mar 6, 2007,
Why?

Yeah its a beautiful piece of instrument, all tobacco burst and stuff. Note the blood on the upper part of the headstock because I jabbed a crazy person with it on stage. The sweat is everywhere, and the tears are from the numerous breakups I had and I played music afterwards on that instrument. Can't beat an original '58 thats for sure.

Quote by Kartman

Quote by Sloopy
Note the blood on the upper part of the headstock because I jabbed a crazy person with it on stage.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
A '58?! Nice

Yeah. Bought it from a pawn shop in 68.

Quote by Kartman

Nice.

Yep. I remember the guy who sold it to my had like three teeth. And he kept sayin a Brit accent "You gonna like this one mate, real heavy sound like the Stones." As a 12 year old kid I'm like "WTF? Okay..."

Quote by Kartman

And who bought this lovely piece of equipment at the age of 12 for you then? My dad had to sell his first LP to pay for baby expenses on my bro and I (twins is why)...

Funny that a twin set of guitars, one having twin necks (maybe not twins because one was 12 one was 6 ) would get him the second Les Paul he owns now, after pawning the last one because of twins, isn't it?

I remember saving up forever. It cost me $350, which is like $1000 to a kid today.

Quote by Kartman

Wow. That's inspiring for me then I'm saving up for a (Red!!!) double-neck like Jimmy Pages'.

(The [RED!!!] comment was because everyone in the Zeppelin thread are telling me that white is much better than red and now, I'm a racist against the white and black EDS-1275s apparently )

Red is good, its the colour of AIDS Ipod's.

Quote by Kartman

Oh yay that sounds GREEEEAT. AIDS

I'm an iPod noob I have no idea what you're talking about...

Quote by Page&HammettFan

(The [RED!!!] comment was because everyone in the Zeppelin thread are telling me that white is much better than red and now
that's cause it is.
Quote by Thefallofman
Isn't.... You're a n00b for saying it is

I'm thinking of learning Reelin In the Years and Bodhisattva, but I can't figure out the chords (in the few minutes that I tried...). Would any of you jappen to know them?

^^there's a powertab for Reelin' in the Years. Dunno about Bodhisattva though.

And come on, both Alex Lifeson and Steve Howe used white EDS-1275s. That automatically makes them better.
Quote by Thefallofman
No it doesn't. The color is what makes them good, not the guys who play them

I don't have Powertab software or any of that shit....

*cruses my parents lack of trust...*

^ Haha lets just say that the best colour for any instrument is Black.

Bam.

Quote by Kartman

Nah Depends on the instrument. Let's just say that preference is what matters and that I prefer mine over BDs'

^ Deal.

Quote by Kartman

I like the red one's personally, so I am with P&H Fan.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.