"In a message to their fan email list last week, the Decemberists announced the first details of their forthcoming Capitol Records debut. It's called The Crane Wife and it's coming out October 3. And there was much rejoicing.

The band is currently working on the album in their hometown of Portland, Oregon, honing an LP out of the 22 songs they've written, some of which are over 10 (!) minutes long. "This one's going to be really good, though," the email stated. "Undoubtedly the best thing we've done to date. And while that might smack of hyperbole ('didn't they say that about the last record?,' you well may be thinking...), we can guarantee that it, at the very least, will be decidedly above average.""

Psyched.
YAY! I'ma big Decemberists fan. I saw them live back in October.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Read this in a couple of places recently, and every time the whole, 'it's going to be our best yet' message stands out and worries me. They've got tough material to beat if that's going to be the case, but you know they'll produce something good, so it's definately going to get snapped up.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Woooooot. Can somebody explain somthing to me? I've seen the album the tain at my record store, along with picaresque, but I was curious... The tain is still pretty expensive, and theres not many track...just chapters of the song the tain...

I was over a friends house and was listening to the track, and I remember it being like 20 minutes or somthing, is the album just that, with it broken up into several tracks?
'The tain' is great, it is only 18 minutes or so and technically one track, but seriously good. You can get it off emusic for the price of one track from what I remember.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
So the album has leaked now. What do you people think of it?
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Haven't heard the new album but the new single was avilable for download on Pitchfork a week or so ago. I like it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....