Seriously. What's the deal with these people? Green Day records great music, and people say they have become too mainstream... What is wrong with sucsess(sp?)? Some people frown on sucsess, but what the **** is wrong with sucsess? They are a good band, please hold the bashing for this next comment, and i think they will be inducted into the hall of fame. Please. Put an end to the bashing. Please.

Discuss
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
i cant wwait for the flaming to start..greenday sucks, 100%
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Personally, I like Green Day. Sure...they use simple power-chord progressions. Then again, people that bash them because of this are only looking at it from a guitarists point of view. Listen to it open-mindedly, and you'll enjoy it more.

All i can say is: Good on ya Green Day.
This thread will be closed so soon..
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Im not even a real big green day fan... but this annoys the f.uck out of me... i know you dont like them, but can't you just shut up???? why do you have to bash them so much?
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Making things commercial destroys them in many ways. Not like Green was ever very good though.
Quote by ibanez_rocker

i will start ha ha

why on earth would you think they are good dude they are soooooo bad if i listen to one more song by them my head will explode i cant belive you greenday is so bad
why wyould you be that big of a douchefuc*er honestly listen to some real music holy shhit
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
than dont read it!

people bash them...because they are no good.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by Rock God #1
Personally, I like Green Day. Sure...they use simple power-chord progressions. Then again, people that bash them because of this are only looking at it from a guitarists point of view. Listen to it open-mindedly, and you'll enjoy it more.

ahem...not all of us hate them
People bash green day more because they turned in to pure pop from their pop punk.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
There is a thread like this once a week i mean the issue is never going to change flamers will flame, or bashers will bash and if you like their music awesome, I do, but It's fans and people like you (starter of thread) that give other GD fans a bad Rep. Who cares if they get flamed, go flame some bands YOU dont like its fun..lol

i dont know what the Fuck this smiley is doing
I don't like them because their music is simple and catchy. It lacks substance and doesn't really do anything for me. It's listenable but it's not award worthy. They then get the best band on the planet award after american idiot - why? All they did was think more about orchestration and actually add some melody plus the album cashes in on the whole political hatred of George Bush.

That and many would say that they've completed abandoned their old sound and have become successful as a result = selling out.
i cant even be bothered to OWN every green day basher in these threads anymore!!!

its happened to many times

cant wait for the next album, thats gunna rock

peace
Quote by Rock God #1

#1 This is ultimate-GUITAR.com
#2 "chord progressions" nay, intervals are not chords
#3 I am open minded I just prefer to not listen to music that sounds extremely borring and irritating.
Quote by y2james2005
i cant even be bothered to OWN every green day basher in these threads anymore!!!

peace

In terms of "own", do you mean call names and make fun of people untill they don't care about your silly antics anymore?
You can't stop the flaming, and if you try to, it's hopeless. Go whine, bitches.
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Quote by gettingbored
#1 This is ultimate-GUITAR.com
#2 "chord progressions" nay, intervals are not chords
#3 I am open minded I just prefer to not listen to music that sounds extremely borring and irritating.

Fair enough. That's your opinion. Heck, you can't like every band on the planet.

But what i don't like is people constantly bashing their most-hated bands.

I don't particularly like every band, but i've never (and never will) go onto a thread and repeatedly bash a band, without giving any reason.

I don't...so why should others?
Quote by y2james2005

peace

basically, you can't 'own' every green day basher so you will pretend you can by saying that.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Quote by ibanez_rocker

I don't know man, A7X suck pretty hard too
Quote by 4e574e57363g
pwnt

Quote by VodkaPunk
Greatest post ever.