well...i have to admit, i podt on the elec. forum alot but know nothing about modding.....so:
could i put a locking nut on my old Ibanez GRX-140? It goes outta tune all the time and i would use it alot more if it didnt? How hard would this be? How much etc?
thanks for any help
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/grx40jjumpstart/GRX40_CA_28_01.jpg .....yes my old guitar is this one (in black), i know. But now i have an Ibanez Radius (yay!)

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Just get locking tuners and a graphtec nut, alot easier, alot.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Agreed that would be alot easier and most likely cheaper too...and try using bullet strings instead of balls
actally, i'm pretty sure fender makes bullet strings, although i agree that ernie ball super slinkies rule! and also bullet ends help the strings to sit nicer apparently, my friend has a set on his strat, they feel quite nice
^ yea i just looked it up, they are fender, oh well. that would have been really really funny if someone actually recommended a squier product over an ernie ball one

btw do you know more sepcifically how they sit better?
well the end where the ball is is a different shape, it's shaped like a bullet, hence the name. It provides the string with more stability than a normal ball and it is meant to have extra contact with the saddle or wherever its connecting to. All of this is only a vague idea, having heard it from an ex-bandmate. But i think it's correct.
suposivly the bullets help them sustain 2
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff