Page 1 of 2
So Yamaha just made a deal with Mac and made an iPod guitar! It's awesome! It's got 3 different pickups, and there are so many details on the guitar! I really love the sound of the guitar, and it's easy doing riffs and solos! I'm gonna get it for sure.. It's not that expensive after all! In Denmark it costs 700 pounds.

HERE 's a picture of it!
It's a very good picture, but you can also go to Yamaha's offcial website to find it!

Anybody else notice it?
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
I coulda sworn I saw this guitar like 3 months ago in a musicians friend magazine, is this the one where the around the knob it lights up? and where did u see the three different pickups? Its got 2 soapbar humbuckers.

Anyway where does apple play a role in this cause there is nothing about Apple and Ipod in the specs?
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Last edited by Guitaraphone06 at Jun 5, 2006,
Umm...that's no iPod guitar. It's just a white iPod-looking one.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
Quote by beatles_rock09
Umm...that's no iPod guitar. It's just a white iPod-looking one.

Lol thats what i was thinking
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Oh yeah I seen that , spacey futuristic looking. Yamaha made a deal with mac? What are the special kicks to it?
guitar world did a review on that a few months back... where the hell did u get ipod guitar from? even if they did pair up, you would refer to it as an apple-yamaha guitar. ipod isnt a company, just an mp3 player that a company called apple makes. honestly i think u knew that i think u just wanted attention
congratulations.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
I actually have played one and it is an interesting guitar. The thing feels like it is made out of foam, that is how light it is. It sounded okay and costed around 400 or 500 USD. It uses a battery to light up the pickup you have selected and the knobs. It only has two knobs and one is for voulme and the other is a pick up selector. There is nothing ipod about it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
what up with the dang about mac and ipod . . . Its had a AIR (sandwiched wood) body and a different bridge(which claim to able to resonate the wood better). It been out awhile btw
Those things are light as hell! I played one at GC a while back, it felt like it weighed a gram.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Well, I don't know 100% if it's an iPod guitar. But when it's looks kinda iPod-ish and the local music store says that it's an iPod guitar, I believe it. But you guys can be right, I was just told something different. But it does look kinda iPod alike.
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Quote by SpringingOff
the local music store says that it's an iPod guitar, I believe it.

I want what he's smoking!

This guitar is atleast 6 months old.
Has nothing to do with ipod or apple.
The feature is that it's made with a different material and is light.

Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Quote by Doc_Holiday
Oh yeah I seen that , spacey futuristic looking. Yamaha made a deal with mac? What are the special kicks to it?

It has an embedded Ipod 60 gig that plays all the songs you want to learn how to play. The fretboard lights up where you're supposed to finger the notes to the song. A small vibrator in the guitar vibrates for as long as you're supposed to play the note. I learned many of the hardest songs I know on it. Like, "When I Come Around" by Green Day (the solo in that I was working on for 4 months until I got this.
Quote by SpringingOff
Well, I don't know 100% if it's an iPod guitar. But when it's looks kinda iPod-ish and the local music store says that it's an iPod guitar, I believe it. But you guys can be right, I was just told something different. But it does look kinda iPod alike.

The people that run your local music store are on PCP.
That guitar plays quite nicely, I almost bought it, but the pickup selector was a pain in the ass. Its no iPod guitar, though.
i've played this..and well..i think it was horrible ,a retard could put together a guitar that played better,thats what i think.=]
Maybe you should buy a guitar you like that plays well, and not one that looks cool.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by lespaul_rentals
It has an embedded Ipod 60 gig that plays all the songs you want to learn how to play. The fretboard lights up where you're supposed to finger the notes to the song. A small vibrator in the guitar vibrates for as long as you're supposed to play the note. I learned many of the hardest songs I know on it. Like, "When I Come Around" by Green Day (the solo in that I was working on for 4 months until I got this.

noob.
Quote by Guitaraphone06
I coulda sworn I saw this guitar like 3 months ago in a musicians friend magazine, is this the one where the around the knob it lights up? and where did u see the three different pickups? Its got 2 soapbar humbuckers.

Anyway where does apple play a role in this cause there is nothing about Apple and Ipod in the specs?

5 months actually.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
5 months actually.

ok lol
waiiiiiiiit if this no ipod guitar, why did lespaul_rentals say he had one that had a 60g ipod? confused...
Quote by E Daws
I actually have played one and it is an interesting guitar. The thing feels like it is made out of foam, that is how light it is. It sounded okay and costed around 400 or 500 USD. It uses a battery to light up the pickup you have selected and the knobs. It only has two knobs and one is for voulme and the other is a pick up selector. There is nothing ipod about it.

its so light cuz it has a chambered body or something like that, imo best guitar ive ever played, light great tone for metal
Quote by asdfnjkl
waiiiiiiiit if this no ipod guitar, why did lespaul_rentals say he had one that had a 60g ipod? confused...

He was being sarcastic.

Quote by lespaul_rentals
I learned many of the hardest songs I know on it. Like, "When I Come Around" by Green Day (the solo in that I was working on for 4 months until I got this).

Green Day solos = Not difficult
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by asdfnjkl

It is a device known as SARCASM! If no one else has an Ipod connection with the guitar, obviously he shouldn't either. Could you guys get some common sense and figure it out yourself? Gsus Chris T.
This is the Yamaha RGX A2, nice guitar that has nothing to do with mac. Here's a link, I can't believe you thought this had anything to do with Mac or an Ipod. I was thinking of getting one, it uses A.I.R technology that makes really light, but it still has an awesome tone.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-RGX-A2-Electric-Guitar?sku=519172
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 5, 2006,
that was in a guitar world magazine cd once

and the reason the threadstarter said ipod guitar is one of the reviews for it in musicians friend.. it says he calls it the ipod guitar because of the look (i had no clue apple had a patent on white )
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
omg htis kid is such a ****ing dumbass, he has to be one of the biggest noobs i have ever heard of in my life
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Crate FXT120 (i think it kicks ass personally)
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks
DOD Death Metal Distortion

Official Member Of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
^As are you. Be nice.

It's not related to the iPod in any way shape or form, I'm not sure how you got that impression. It's horribly, horribly wrong. Decent guitar though, from what Guitar Player says.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
dude mac has nothing to do with this guitar, try getting a subscription 2 guitar world, a lot of ur dumbass questions will be answered
Lol. I gotta say I really my had my hopes. But u dashed them like the sea mist upon the shoreline rocks.

Ok...sry bout the poetry. I'll stop...forever.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by lespaul_rentals

Lmao that'd be SO cool.
is this a joke thread if you want sumtin close or not really a line 6 variax i think it emulates amps and stuff so yea ipod guitar haha right now its ipod and nike with thier nano jogging thing and the shoes thats sorta cool lol but thats a yamaha guitar big review in the guitarcenter magazine a while back its the yamam sumtin its 500USD theres also 2 inferior models
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Page 1 of 2