would it be better to get the Epiphone valve junior and a rocktron velocity 112 speaker, or get the roland cube 30 (or the vox, its counterpart).
the epi is only 5 watts, but its all tube, so it should still be plenty loud. im not doing any gigging, but i do turnit up every now and then. and i have a dist pedal, so the lack of any knobs isnt a big deal.
both are about the same price, so im just wondering here. it depends on money i get for my B-Day

any imput?

Links-
Rocktron 112 Cabinet
Epi Valve Junior

Roland Cube 30
the cube and vox have a lot of effects which the epi doesnt have. In your case I would go with a cube because you like megadeth and slayer, which is what the cube is best suited for.
but the pedal should give the right distorted tone, i figure tubes would be better, wouldnt it? i still use a fair amount of cleans, and i imagine the tubes would be again, better for it.
Well I'd go with the vox cause it's a badass amp

It's a hybrid too which doesnt make that much of a difference but still it sounds a little better than other solid state amps ive played
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
if your more into metal, go for the roland cube
if your more into a rock tone, then the vox valvetronix hands down
for christs sake people, its not about the roland or vox.
its about the epi/rocktron vs. the roland or vox.
im leaning towards the epi, unless i can get reasons why not to.
On ur list up there I'd go with the cube, but like the others im also gonna recommend a Vox
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I think everyone pretty much ruled out the Epi

You just dont get many effects with it is the reason people ruled it out
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
well, i dont need effects.
my pedal = distorted tones
amp = clean sounds.
i'm set.

anyone have reasons not to?