I hold it between my thumb and index finger, if I pretend the picks not there, my index finger juts out below my thumb a bit, and I'm wondering if its a good way.

Whats the best way to hold it so that you can get a good grip on it, control it (make sure it hits the strings you want it to) and you can play fast?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
you can't really say what's the best way because it's something that differs from person to person... Personally i hold the pick between my thumb and index finger, and the rest of the are going straight in the air.
Most people hold it between their index and thumb. I sometimes hold it between my thumb and my middle finger and index finger, not that it makes much difference. You should just go what's comfortable like Kutanmoogle said.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
sometimes when im strumming chords and what not I hold it between my thumb and the flat side of my index, but thats just me
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Being able to play fast is more practise than the way you hold the pick. I hold mine with the flat of my thumb against the side of my first finger my first finger tight against the other three fingers which are out straight. Only thing i would say is that gripping it too tightly creates tension which leads to soreness. You want to hold it firmly but not overly tight. I hate sounding preachy lol. Hope it doesnt come accross that way
between your thumb and index finger.

personally i hate thumb picks because you cant really do pinch harmonics with them.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
I hold it between my thumb and index finger, if I pretend the picks not there, my index finger juts out below my thumb a bit, and I'm wondering if its a good way.

Whats the best way to hold it so that you can get a good grip on it, control it (make sure it hits the strings you want it to) and you can play fast?

blucrave got it right.

Accuracy is not really a function of how you grip the pick and you only really need
a light grip and a relaxed hand.
I believe there is a lesson somewhere on here about how to hold your pick. You could search for it, but basically just curl your index finger over, put the pick on the side and hold it there with your thumb ... I'm not really very good at explaining things, am I?
Anyways, it doesn't really matter. I kinda hold mine like a pen - it's never been an issue.
well if ur just strumming then ur holding it ok, but if u want 2 pick really fast then tilt it at about a 30 to 45 degree angle