Is there a guitar like the RG1570 without a whammy bar? I really like the guitar, but i don't like whammys.
live to play live
Yeah thats what i was thinking.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
You can unscrew the bar, but that's not going to make it a hardtail. Buy a similar model, or buy one of those "tremol-nos."
There are hardtail RGs Prestiges. Look them up on the Ibanez website. They should have a 1 as the last digit in their names
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
you can get a trem setter,t goes in the cavity in the back with the tremolo springs, you can set it to act as a free floating tremelo, a dive only, or a fixed bridge
RGT's i believe are what your looking for.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
RGA prestiges are nice.

There is absolutely no point in buying a guitar with a whammy if you aren't gonna use it. Although, there is a way to block one out. Just keep the bridge set normally and cut a block of wood the size of the cavity on each sides of the trem and stick them both into each of the sides beside the trem in the cavity. If the blocks are big enough, then they shouldn't slip and you shouldn't be able to pull up or down.

There you go, problem solved. Not very logical but it works.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
^ Yes but, dont fixed bridges like the gilbrator on the RGA121 have more sustain..
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Pure sex.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
You can always ask Dexter Holland where he got his. He'll tell you to call Ibanez and get a custom made one.
Quote by The 1
Rga121 Are The Hardtail Prestiges

+1.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
u cant get a 1570 without tremolo but u can get other models that look almost the same without it
Quote by Teleprompters
wow that RGA321F is one of the sexiest guitars i have ever seen in my life, wow, anybody know how much they sell for or where

a hell of a lot.

they're about £900-£1000 here. and that's for a flamed top instead of normal maple, and slightly better pickups that you'd probably switch anyway. It's a waste of cash, IMO- you could get a custom hand-built guitar of similar spec (and it'd be a better guitar), for the same cash.

IMO.

Most ibanez dealers should be able to get you one, I'd have thought...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep, lots of Ibanez models similar to the 1570 out there with fixed bridges.. just browse around the ibanez website and you will find em.. Make sure that (if you have the cash) you get one of the Prestige models
^ spam, we talking about ibanez. stop spamming.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
^ spam, we talking about ibanez. stop spamming.

Nope, we're talking about guitars without whammy (though he likes the 1570). I'm just helping him keep his options open.

BTW- "Spam" is linking junk and useless websites on threads or emails in the act of sending unsolicited commercial email (UCE), or "spam" to refer to the UCE itself within webforums in the purpose to promote or advertise.

"off topic" is the word wanted to allege... but it's okay, I am on topic, via "whammy"

REPORT ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CONTRIBUTION!

Back "ON TOPIC": AGILE has a string thru you may want to check out.
i would go one step farther and get any of the paul glbert models with hardtails
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."