Hey I usually play shred and metal guitar but lately I've got interested in jazz blues and funk guitar can someone give me some awesome bands to listen to and some cool sites for some basic lessons any thing will be usefull thanks
TO DISTURB IS TO PLEASE
Quote by --MoRbId--
Hey I usually play shred and metal guitar but lately I've got interested in jazz blues and funk guitar can someone give me some awesome bands to listen to and some cool sites for some basic lessons any thing will be usefull thanks
http://ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/music_styles/
Dont know about the sites thing but for some good blues listen to
Eric Clapton
Allman Brothers
BB King
Im not big Into jazz but try Mahavishnu Orchestra or Al Di Meola(spelled wrong.)
If you want to know more theres a blues and jazz recomendation thread
If you like shred listen to Friday Night In San Franciso by Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia and John McLaughlin. Also check out Stanley Jordan.
Art Blakey is great, i love him, great jazz..
with blues, stevie ray voughn is great.. BB King
Funk, well.. not really into that, but the usual, greenday.. etc..
Some good jazz (and of varying types) is Charlie Parker, Art Tatum, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Oscar Peterson, Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia, George Benson, Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, Michael Petrucciani, Allan Holdsworth, Thelonious Monk, and Woody Shaw
Quote by Drone_
Art Blakey is great, i love him, great jazz..
with blues, stevie ray voughn is great.. BB King
Funk, well.. not really into that, but the usual, greenday.. etc..

Yeeaahhhh,funk isn't greenday that's punk. Funk is stuff like Sly and the Family Stone, Funkadelic, and Tower of Power. Just informing you.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Grant Green, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Joe Pass.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje