ok so i was a guitar center one day and there was this guy that was crazy shredding and he made this sweet whaaa nosie and i have no idea how he did it and it never occured to me to ask him how he did it
if my otmonapeia confused you then examples of it are found in metalcore and mathcore a lot
and for the coheed and cambria listeners their new song that sounds like Kasmir by Zeppelin that crazy whaa noise he does
so if some could break down the process into very simple steps on how to make this mysterious noise thanks
Quote by The Pickle Man
If that's the best Chicago has to offer then... well... too bad for Chicago, I guess.
but it wasnt an effects pedal i am 100% positive it wasn't becuse the amps at GC dont have a pedals there there are only 2 amps there that have all the pedals they sell
it has something to do with pinch harmoics but i'm not sure what fret to do and how exactly to do it blah blah blah
Quote by The Pickle Man
If that's the best Chicago has to offer then... well... too bad for Chicago, I guess.
Well, There Are a few options based on your onamatopia. These are:

- Whammy Bar. But page didn't use one did he?
- Wah Pedal
- Pinch/Artifical Harmonics (The Most Likely)

If you want to know more about any of these...see the search bar above to the right of this post...yes, well type whatever you would like to know into that bar

If it's Coheed And Cambria, It's pinch harmonics
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
Pinch Harmonics by the sound of it.

Play the high E string at the 12th fret - now find the halfway point of this new length ( from the 12th fret to the bridge ) and pick. Then gently touch the string at the halfway point and you should get a harmonic, gain makes it easier to produce.

Once you've got this you need to position the pick in your hand so that your thumb is overlapping slightly - now pick the string and gently touch it with your picking hand's thumb. You should hear a harmonic.

Now you want to have the thumb gently touch the string right after you pick it. It helps if the picking motion is that of it sweeping and scooping away from you. With practice you'll get better at them.

Then you can start moving the picking hand around for different mixesof harmonic note and fretted note and pick some to your liking.
Pinch Harmonics sound kick a§§ . but i should really practice them some more
If you know what I mean
by the way, you can do pinch harmonics anywhere if your good enough, just takes practice. Good examples include any Black Label Society song and Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria.
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
pinch are so bitchin
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars: