is this amp good for rock and metal because im looking to buy a tube amp under 500$ and is good for both metal and rock i luv judas priest they ****in ass rape and um i like to play stuff like ccr every now and then so if u have one is it good for these styles?
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

ne1?
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

Maybe with a boost for metal, but its a great classic rock amp.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
ok so like a boss um i forget that new boss distortion pedal i cant remember the name lol im retarded
Quote by GuitarJunkie

Mine has a lot of high pitched hum/squealing to it whenever the pre-gain is maxed and the post is turned up. Does anyone know whats causing this? Any solution?
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
um metzblaze why did u ppost that here?
Quote by GuitarJunkie

Quote by MetzBlaze
Mine has a lot of high pitched hum/squealing to it whenever the pre-gain is maxed and the post is turned up. Does anyone know whats causing this? Any solution?

Tube problem, or feedback?

And to ts, do you mean the sd-1 or bd-2? yes those would work, but the sd-1 is better for metal, ask zakk wylde.
'Cause there arn't many threads on the Classic 30.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

lol um i would ask zakk wylde but i cant till he come to my pool party for my birthday(sarcasm) um ok well how much is this amp new?
Quote by GuitarJunkie

I'm guessin 500, but its less on ebay(if you do ebay).
I bought my 1st issue one for $387 on ebay.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

Typical price for the reissue that just came out is about 425 give or take 20, from what i've seen.
^I bought my C30 on eBay for 320$.
As for squeeling, my reverb tank sometimes feeds, try turning down the reverb. Or a tube change.

And this thing is great for classic rock, and can do some metal(no harder than say metallica) with a loud booster.

And if you typed correctly that would be appreciated.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
classic 30 is amazin=D i have one and it sounds greaattt, especially with a strat
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by freeallboutu91
i luv judas priest they ****in ass rape

ya i thought that was just Rob Halford

im thinking this will be my next amp too, hows the clean channel Pink and congrats on the mod

EDIT: is it just one channel that is clean and then the boost button activates the OD or can it stay clean at high volumes
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 6, 2006,