my gf got it for $40 and it seems good, what do you guys think?
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
I used to have the Blazer 158. Those amps suck, really. Even for small practice amps they're bottom of the barrel.
Hi, I'm Peter
That's the amp ive got and Im so sick of it... sounds like its muffled most of the time.
It's just a practice amp but you could probably find some better used amps for a little bit more.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
I've got that amp, it looks a little different but it's still a Peavey Rage 158. It's no good for anything more than practising, that said I find it to be an alright little bedroom amp for the price. Sure there are a tonne better out there on the market, I got mine as a first amp and it's done me ok over the years.
Look it's a practice amp
It's 40 bucks
And no, you can't get anything else better for $40
I don't see all of you guys problems...
Last edited by singlecoiled at Jun 6, 2006,
Quote by singlecoiled
Look it's a practice amp
It's 40 bucks
And no, you can't get anything else better for $40
I don't see all of you guys problems...

Well, he asked generally what we think of the amp. My general thought it that it blows. Yeah, it's a "steal" for $40, but that doesn't make it any better sounding. Think of it like when you're mom gets the ugliest shirt in the world just because it was on the 80% off rack at the store. "Mom, that's hideous!" "Nooo...it was on sale!"
Hi, I'm Peter
^haha
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
my first ever amp. LOL

Well it served me well 13 years ago playing Nirvana and annoying my family if that helps.
The Rage 158 is one of the best selling practice amps ever. Yeah, it doesn't sound that great, but better than most other comparable practice amps (Marshall MG). For $40, it's definately worth the price. I wouldn't expect this amp to be used for anything but practice. And for that purpose, it's a good amp.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor