Page 1 of 3
Well i posted that warrior vs. les paul thing because i heard strats suck for metal/emo! do they really? i heard the hb's are the best for that genre...
Well single coils arent good for your style, though you can get strats with hum's in Hss or HH.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
i have a strat thats s-s-s an can handle those two genres really well but i would highly reccomend getting at least h-s-s if your stuck on strats an put like a invader pick up or super distortion or any other high output humbucker cuz even most humbuckers that come on fat strats seem really weak, so i would go for something else but like i said if your stuck on strats get h-s-s other wise get an ibanez/schecter/esp/jackson
yeah i was wonderin about that air, i was lookin at a jack warrior and i liked it, but is a lp good for that genre... i dont know... plz tell me...
Metal and emo in the same sentence?

I hate metal and I'm still offended by that. What the **** has metal ever done to you to deserve being combined with emo?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99

I hate metal and I'm still offended by that. What the **** has metal ever done to you to deserve being combined with emo?

please stfu an dont start a genre war, i like alexi laiho and the dude from hawthorne heights i belive metal an emo could get along, anyways les pauls are prolly too bassy, id say an SG would be better cuz there more for lead
Quote by Xenn99

HEY! im a mcr and taking back sunday fan! i like emo, i just like metal guitars whats so bad about that?
You should definately get humbuckers. And strats have single coils (not good for heavy distortion) unless you get a Fat Strat.

Les Paul might be a good choice... but I'm going to agree Air Guitarist! and say get a SG.
ok lemme get this

Strat<Warrior<Les Paul<SG???? you're confuzzling me, epiphone sg right?

EDIT: GRRR! now the models-g-400, special (hell no, i think) or g-310?
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 5, 2006,
Quote by Arlabester
ok lemme get this

Strat<Warrior<Les Paul<SG???? you're confuzzling me, epiphone sg right?

EDIT: GRRR! now the models-g-400, special (hell no, i think) or g-310?

ive played both of those at GC they have necks like baseball bats
The dude from Hawthorne Heights uses an Epi SG...um, yeah. I'm not a fan of the emo genre, but don't they use the clean channel quite a bit? You could get an Epi G400 (or an Elitist SG if you've got the cash) and throw in some new humbuckers. The JB/Jazz combo would suit you. JB for your distorted tones and the Jazz for cleans.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
0.o uhhhhhhh.... my price range is 300-400

EDIT: grrrrrrr so should i add hbs to my guitar or get a new one! my gut feeling feeling is saying to get a jack warrior... but ive been playing for 5 months.. so im askin a pro...
Quote by Air Guitarist!
please stfu an dont start a genre war, i like alexi laiho and the dude from hawthorne heights i belive metal an emo could get along, anyways les pauls are prolly too bassy, id say an SG would be better cuz there more for lead

You a hipocrite.

Getting back on topic, I don't believe that a S-S-S strat would be any good for the most out of those genres. If you want to play metal, an H-H guitar would be more appropriate. However, for speed metal, a S-S-S guitar may sound better. It really depends on what the stuff you want to play sounds/should sound like.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
well i like pantera and the sword...... but i want to sound like my chemical romance and the guitars both have h-h

EDIT: plz just tell me what guitar to get
^again almost all the bands you mention, aside from the metal ones like pantera use at least one or two SG's an no im not a hypocrit im stating the fact that sgs sound is more for lead an les paul is more for rythem
Quote by Xenn99

HAHAHA i enjoyed that one
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
y not go for a schecter, like a hellraiser, pretty sick guitar. I just dont see any kinda strat doing emo/metal
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
omen 6?
no no i meant take a look at that guitar, Schecter omen 6, lol. The warrior is pretty sick
p.s. i wanna be able to play fast and violent like"Thank You for the Venom" google it or sumtin, thats what i want to sound like i have a spider two and the guitarist is using a epi lp wit a marshall amp
well i have one but i play soft and classic rock but iw as a newb when i bought it and it is really meant for heavier stuff. I think it can do the job of metal if u amp it right. It sounds very very very good for the price and it is built well,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar?sku=518181&src=3SOSWXXA
If u look at the reviews, most of the people play metal. So i would assume it does a good job
Edit: one guy said he liked it better than the jackson he had and his background was metal
Last edited by Guitaraphone06 at Jun 5, 2006,
dont take my word for it, it would be really better to get other opinions since i have absolutley no background in metal but i think and Omen 6 and a spider would be deadly (as in damn good)
The omen 6 got 9.2 out of ten based on 451 reviews. HA, lol jk. I like the omen 6 but its ur choice
Well then make sure u test it out and play it before u buy it... U like its looks so if u like its sound then i say get it.
warrior over lp, like i said before lp sucks for what you wanna do especially mcr SG dude, (yes i know the dude in mcr uses an lp) but you might wanna look at the damien FR or with the FR cuz thats in your price range an i belive it has emg pups an a FR if you want it
I really dont know I cant tell but for metal/emo the warrior looks better for that especially since its a jackson, jackson makes good guitars for that. but I say u go and try em both out.
Quote by Air Guitarist!
warrior over lp, like i said before lp sucks for what you wanna do especially mcr SG dude, (yes i know the dude in mcr uses an lp) but you might wanna look at the damien FR or with the FR cuz thats in your price range an i belive it has emg pups an a FR if you want it

OOO i forgot about the damien, thats another sick schecter that would suit ur needs well
Page 1 of 3