OK I've seen everyone talking about bootleg performances from here, there and everywhere and have decided I'd like to expand my music collection past the studio albums, released live recordings etc . . . so where is a good place to start collecting bootlegs? How much do they roughly cost? Are the p2p networks such as Limewire as good a source as the CDs/tapes etc floating round? What is the best way of getting them?
Could someone please ansewr these few questions and generally give me an overview on collecting bootlegs, thanks.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I'm pretty sure there's already quite a few *official* bootleg threads... just a heads up
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 5, 2006,

Thanks, maybe I should be a little less lazy. But I still have one question which I didn't find in those - is p2p the best source of bootlegs, or is it in some way better to buy the CDs off someone?

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Just go to www.dimeadozen.org (you have to sign up but it's very good - torrents) or www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php

Please use the other threads though if you have more questions.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic